Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just went on a trip to michigan and the trip total was around 700.

the reason im posting this topic is because i want to know what is more accurate? a cable driven setup for the tripometer or a digital set up for a tripometer?

my uncles 03 edge x showed 33 miles more on the trip than my 06 600 did....

being that the digital fuel gauge calibration is off like 2 or 3 gallons on our sleds.... i cant tell which on is more accurate.

the cable has been along wayyyyy longer than the digital setup, which has only been with polaris for 2 years. so i would think that the cable woud be more dialed in and polaris would have that figured out better by now...

any ideas or knowledge? greatly appreciated

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure, but it is possible that they're both accurate and the mileage is just different for assorted reasons; like spinning the track more one one sled than the other or something.

But since his shows a higher number and speedos are known to exaggerate, I wouldn't doubt it if yours is the more accurate one.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Not sure as in my group all 3 sleds show differnt milage after a days ride usually 3-5 miles difference either way.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Depends a lot on how you ride. Who cares about mileage or speed anyway? Want to know the real mileage and speed just carry a GPS with you and log your route.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i know that he wasnt the one doing the spinning. he takes it fairly easy on that sled.
and plus 33 miles of spinning would be just insane i would think.

my dad and i really keep up the pace and ride hard basically the entire trip. who knows

1 - 5 of 5 Posts