Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A coworker of mine approached me yesterday asking for opinions on a possible trade. He is selling a 91 Camaro for 3200 on craigslist and has been offered a few trades for sleds. Although I know enough about Arctic Cat, I don't want to lead him astray as far as the sleds he's been offered.

The first is a package deal of two sleds and a trailer for the car. The sleds are a 2001 Ski Doo Summit 800 with approximately 2400 miles on the sled. The other sled is a 2001 Polaris XC Edge with approximately 3500 miles on it. Both sleds seem clean cosmetically from pictures but I would wanna run a compression test and look the sleds over first before I gave him my advice. My thoughts on this is that it seems to good to be true, but if the sleds are in good mechanical and cosmetic shape he could sell one sled and the trailer and have more than 3200 and still be able to keep the sled.

The second deal is a straight across trade for a 2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 700. I dont know exact mileage and he's asking for more pictures.

I was hoping to get your guys thoughts on these as I have little knowledge of these sleds. I obviously would like to lead him to the first package given the sleds are in good mechanical condition. The pictures I have were taken this year and according to the person, they have been riding them this season without any problems at all and they are in good condition.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
What's the difference between a 2001 and 2002 skidoo? Not much, plus mountain sleds are generally worth more than trails sleds. Don't even consider the second offer.

What engine is in the polaris? I've seen a couple early edge sleds listed for $2000-$2500 already this winter. And a good two place trailer should fetch $500-$1000.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
powersledder said:
What's the difference between a 2001 and 2002 skidoo? Not much, plus mountain sleds are generally worth more than trails sleds. Don't even consider the second offer.

What engine is in the polaris? I've seen a couple early edge sleds listed for $2000-$2500 already this winter. And a good two place trailer should fetch $500-$1000.
I'm going to have to agree with you 100% except for the fact that 2002 ski-doos got the SC-10 3 instead of the SC-10 2. But other than that, yes, the same.

·
Registered
591 Posts
definitely go for the first one, A zx chassis with under 4k miles around here fetches close to 3g. The edge is probably worth about 2500 if it is not beat looking and runs good, and the trailer is worth about 300-800 if it is an open two place.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i think the deal for 2 sleds is pretty good as long as the vitals check out.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
As long as everything checks out, sleds are not beat or hot, then go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts