Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of this is better for loose/hardpack/icey trails?
The predator, hacksaw,ripsaw?http://www.camoplast.com/powersports/eng/performance_tracks.html

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
predator seems more for hard acceleration because offar spaced deep lugs..id say either hacksaw or ripsaw (im pulling for ripsaw)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
On the website it says everything what they are good for.

Hacksaw: RipSaw derivative featuring crescent profiles with recessed tips and cutting
edges for hard packed snow. Excellent handling characteristics.

Predator: Engineered for superior acceleration and top speed,particularly in loose snow conditions.

Rip-Saw: Highly aggressive with angled profiles for outstanding forward and lateral bite.
Superior handling and acceleration in a wide variety of snow conditions.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what they say, I can read. I want real world thoughts not what the manufactor says.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I know what they say, I can read. I want real world thoughts not what the manufactor says.
Ok, I think the Predator track is the best for loose and hardpack.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
after seeing what the ripsaw can do that will be my next track without a blink of an eye. I have put on ripsaws and taken off studded tracks. after the tracks get broken in I call and ask if they want to get studs back in. so far not one person has studded a ripsaw.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Predator is an all around better track. I have raced with many of these tracks and the predator comes out on top everytime. The ripsaw hooks up well on hardpack but just digs holes when you get into powder or loose snow. The predator hooks up just aswell on hardpack as the ripsaw and performs 10 times better when you get onto the powder. The ripsaw also robs lots of top end and is not as durable. This topic has been argued to the death but I can tell you from LOTS of experience that the predator is a better all around track and that is what I run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts