Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a used 136 inch Camoplast 2 inch paddle track for the sum of $100 to put on my 96ZRT. I have to replace the drive axel due to a speedo bearing failure I can get an axle with 8 tooth drivers for about the same price as the stock 9 tooth.
Question is:
The Camoplast track has wear spots along the outside edges on every other cross bar were the boggies and rear wheels ride and only on the outside edge. Most are through the rubber to show the cord and a few are through the first cord belting layer. Will this continue to get worse and will this cause a problem. Is this a good price for the track?
Also with the smaller drivers will I need to gear up on the chaincase upper gear to get the same over all gearing correct. It has has a 20 tooth top gear with a 39 tooth bottom gear. I just do mountain riding and other that climbing the old cat never gets into high gear so to speak.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well consider this. I just bought a 136" x 2" camoplast track on Ebay for $150 and it is brand spanking new......... So for $50 more or there abouts (lot's of good deals on new tracks out there,,, I think alot of peopl are having such a weak winter that they're selling their paddle tracks) you can get allot better deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked Ebay and there was one there and the bidding was at $155 plus shipping which would add another $30 $40 bucks. Forgetit! I will keep checking in my local area.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Topazal Camoplast makes good tracks. $100.00 seems like a hell of a deal. If it is in any kind of shape at all it should be worth it. That track new will go for about $400.00 or more. I don't know what kind of riding you do but if you trail ride a 2 inch track may not be what you want. If you are boondocking you couldn't go wrong. IMO Riley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts