Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I think they can because I just did it on sat. at rush lake. nice accurate timing system. no speedo readings or gps stuff. sled was trail jetted running super america 92 octane, 15 wheels on the skid no slide lube or dish soap added. still had good backshift in the clutching. could have rode the sled all day on the lake after the 116 run. man what a cool feeling!!!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
old triple polaris xcr 800!!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
wow. thats a pretty good number for 1000'. Nice work.

·
Registered
572 Posts
nice job, you finally got the old beast to run right LOL. you gonna be in siren in a few weeks, look us up if your there, should be there.
got to remember on that run of 116, you had more than ideal conditions, very cold temps, dry air, and good hookup im sure. had a run like that a couple years ago with our imp 600, 114 in 1,000 on a very similar day. havent seen it again, been close, but no luck. still consistantly runnin 110-111. again good job, hope to see ya in siren.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ no way glen that is the new normal!!! I was very over jetted. I had consistantly sat at 110-112 no matter who drove the sled me or small guy. I went back and changed the secondary spring to a weeker one and boom. what I ended up using was the fastest setup from stock runs. with the new hp it just added 6 mph at the same rpm as I use to run stock. I will see 118 before the months over with!!!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Oh madcow I can't wait to get my "old, heavy, outdated, antique" XCR home so I can bring it down and have you work your magic on it!!!!! [:D]

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
It may be an older sled, but maybe the best triple. A bit of tweeking and my old, stock XCR pulls the skis up better and launches harder than my ultra. Impressive considering my ultra has a track setup 10x better than my xcr with a difference of 1k rpm and 2hp. I'll say it again. I'd like to put them side by side and see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah i was at rush yesterday and i saw you you were running good. I got there really early and did my runs Stock 500 class (I was the only one in there I was pissed) but i got a 2005 500 XCSP with 96 studs in the stock track and i got 93.6mph

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Sweet, I wanna see a video of that thing run sometime!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thorcw500 you should have came up and said hi...

ripperd is helping to set me up to get video loaded.

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh yeah? A guy I know told me he did 137 in 1000' on an edge 700 twin. LOL what an idiot! Congrats man, 116 is haulin!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Madcow, you need an onboard camera and then we can all go with ya!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
WOW 116 ! Thats one impressive MPH for 1000'. Nice tuning! Cant wait to run mine again at a track. Last years best for me was 106. Are you sure you werent tied to the back of an F7 to get kind of MPH ????????????? hahaha [:D][;)][;)]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ ouch. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts