Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
I've seen many EFI's with VForce reeds. I'm trying to find a set of cheap ones for mine actually...

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Check that yours uses reeds first.
Many are only piston ported.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So if i wanted reeds for my sabercat i could just get 2 that were for any new cat twin? It just says cat twins in the order sheet so i have no clue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey Catalltheway, those lights ? does snow stick to them ? are they always one or can you turn them off, do you hook them to your battery or do you have to buy something esle? im looking to buy some for my sled

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by cougar09
[br]hey Catalltheway, those lights ? does snow stick to them ? are they always one or can you turn them off, do you hook them to your battery or do you have to buy something esle? im looking to buy some for my sled
Haven't really had too much of a problem with snow, but some does stick to it. Not really any more than the usual buildup underneath the running boards. But with the f7 the coolant line runs through the edge of the running board and helps to melt off the snow. I can turn the lights off because i bought a switch and mounted it near the key. And they run off the power from the sled, i hooked them up to a power-take-off that would normally be used for heated shields or other accessories.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by cougar09
[br]yea mine is a 2004 f6 efi, so what else could i do to gain more horse power and make it go faster, that wont cost alot of money
Go to Bikeman performance http://www.bikemanperformance.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=41_42_10&products_id=164&osCsid=f25cca99516c1387d1671e5208e7015f

And get the F6 pipe modification. Its kind of like getting a single pipe for your sled but for half the price. I know D&D was thinking of releasing a Y-pipe for the F6, but i don't know if they have done that yet, might want to check that out. You could put in the reeds like you were thinking. You could put in a new timing key and definitely put in a clutch kit. You could also stick in some bullzeyes in the air intake and maybe a inline fuel reducer. Be careful with the fuel reducer if you put that in, don't turn it down too much or you will fry your engine. All of that together i think is under a grand, around that price at least. It won't be a huge increase but should be noticeable. Besides if you add more than 10 horses to an efi you will have to spend money to buy a boondocker or a fuel equalizer for the sled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.