Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a slp silencer off a fusion 900 fit on mine?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Give Straight Line a call....bet they would know.

I'd guess if you have a 600...it may fit, but would fry your motor in about 100 miles. The can off a 900 would run lean on a 600..I could be wrong, but I would not do it.

Burch

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
If it fits it fits. Put it on there. You won't blow a motor or anything. There just mufflers. Most chassis have all the same stock cans for all the engine sizes anyways.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Burch said:

I'd guess if you have a 600...it may fit, but would fry your motor in about 100 miles. The can off a 900 would run lean on a 600..I could be wrong, but I would not do it.

Burch
Prob. have better luck with Starting line products...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MuscleD said:
I just checked the parts finder and it looks like it won't fit.
k thanks... all i wanted was a quick answer and i dont want this to turn into a big aguement. it would just be for messing around the house and no cops are on my Sh*ty trails anyway

·
Registered
110 Posts
dodger said:
Burch said:

Burch
Right, Starting Line...my bad!

Having the wrong exhaust set up WILL cause engine damage..PERIOD!! With cans, typically you do not need to re-jet or re-map. That being said, adding pipes does require a fuel change of some sort...why?? Because the different exhaust will cause a diffrent air/fuel ratio.

Burch

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Burch said:
dodger said:
Burch said:

Burch
Right, Starting Line...my bad!

Having the wrong exhaust set up WILL cause engine damage..PERIOD!! With cans, typically you do not need to re-jet or re-map. That being said, adding pipes does require a fuel change of some sort...why?? Because the different exhaust will cause a diffrent air/fuel ratio.

Burch
Yeah for pipes you would need to rejet. But he's only getting a silencer. So no you don't need to rejet. I would call Slp. And Slp won't get a trail shut down. They aren't over the top loud, just a nice pitch. And it also depends on where you live if loud sleds will get a trail shut down. Around here they don't care about noise. The dnr never says anything about it. People ride race sleds and mod race sleds around sometimes even.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
No it will not fit! End of story. totally different exhaust systems and locations.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
95mach1670 said:
Fuse600 said:
Another can post really??? cans get trails shut down!!!!
if you knew anything about SLP and their new silencing technology you would know that they have some of the quietest aftermarket mufflers around.

Their ERA 2000 line was much louder, back when they seperated trail/race cans.

when your buying them for newer sleds now, its all ERA 2007 technology, most pass the SAE J2567 sound test that several states have adopted so far. 88 decibal limit.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Bmxican said:
95mach1670 said:
Fuse600 said:
Another can post really??? cans get trails shut down!!!!
if you knew anything about SLP and their new silencing technology you would know that they have some of the quietest aftermarket mufflers around.

Their ERA 2000 line was much louder, back when they seperated trail/race cans.

when your buying them for newer sleds now, its all ERA 2007 technology, most pass the SAE J2567 sound test that several states have adopted so far. 88 decibal limit.
Exactly. I just got a SLP for my IQ 600 and the SLP silencer sounds quieter than stock. I was looking for a bit of a tone, nothing obnoxiously loud, but i think it made it quieter.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool, considering this is about fusions your post is totaly worthless.^

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Fuse600 said:
cool, considering this is about fusions your post is totaly worthless.^
You've gotten your answer already so why the f*ck do you care what he posts? He was adding his experience to something related to a can which is what you posted about dipsh!t.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Now now kids...play nice. It has already been pointed out that SLP makes good stuff and this will not fit youre sled. Done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.