Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock one is crap rusting through....does anyone make an after market can for this sled???? dealer said stock ones are discontinued...
Dan

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
aaen has a new pipe kit. but they also have stingers. you could get the biggest stinger avaliable, pack it tight with material and it should be pretty quiet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just looking for a can...i will check them out and see what they got...any other ideas???

Dan

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Replied to your PM...but for future reference for others. eBay is also a good place to watch or email/call Black Magic or D&D.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i imagine it has the 580 in it right?? If so i bought a mbrp can for a 99 EFI 600 and works just fine, had to modifie the belly pan hole a bit and make a new mount but works excellent and sounds amazing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya it has a 580 EFI motor in it...do have any pics of it and the mods you had to do to make it fit? I dont mind moding it a little...it's my sons sled...just got the stock pipe coated and just need a new can for it...did you have to do anything else or as far a fueling or just install the can...
Dan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked with D&D and they do make a silencer but out of stock so they have to make one up...going to take a few weeks but in no hurry so I'll see how this pipe fits before making any mods to the sled...thanks for the help

·
Registered
764 Posts
yep here is a pic of the can. I personally like mbrp better then d&d as well as black magic, the mbrp has a nicer snap at WOT[attachment=50848]
as u can see in the pic, i had to drill a new hole in the belly pan and put a piece of metal on the floor to mount it to, then along the side, made a mounting bracket that bolt onto the side bumper, fairly simple mod.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts