Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 600 edgex and last weekend i noticed my temp light coming on and my engine was sputtering so i opened my hood and noticed that the clamp holding my hose from the pull cord housing broke and cut into my hose, is there a coupling i could just splice into there cause the dealer wants like 40 buck for the darn pre moulded hose. also is it bad that i drove my sled with it over heated i hope not.

Thanks for your advice guys

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Can splice it with a small peive of pvc but I would spring for the hose myself...... How hot did ya get it????

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I'd just fix the hose. Check out Napa, I know they carry some Polaris parts like that. Should be a little cheaper, if they carry that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just splice it. Cut the hose at the splice, get the ID measurement from the hose and go to either a hardware store or home depot and get a brass hosebarb coupling. Should cost under 5 bucks and is easy to install. Push the coupling in both ends, hose clamps, fill coolant, bleed, done!! Trust me, this works and is the way to go. Make sure you use a barbed fitting instead of a smooth one. Smooth ones run the risk of blowing apart.
-Polaris Doc
ps...should look like this.
[attachment=58867]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info i think ill splice it for now cause the dealer of course doesent stock and needs to order it right like i can wait for a week. is the clamp that broke a common prob for polaris this is the second time for me it broke maybe im riding her hard who kmows.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i got an 03, pretty much same style and its never happened to me. but if it were me id splice it till the dealer gets the part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also i know this is off topic but she has about 6000 miles do you think i should slap a new set of rings or pistons and rings, my mechanic say leave it alone if it isnt broke dont fix it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would do rings,,when they start to wear they "rock" in the
bore,also you get blow by(that dark color under your lower ring
on the piston)it contaminates you fresh fuel charge and you slowly
loose power over time.

it's cheap and easy to do,aslo mic your pistons too
to see if there withing spec yet,, hey you asked!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts