Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my brother just got a polaris classic fst and hes all in my face about how much faster its gonna be than mine...can i get going faster then him of just have to take it from him

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you mean by gearing it tall...like add 2 more teeth

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
bigger on top, smaller on bottom gears it faster, but it's not that easy, you need to get a reasonable ratio, and a gear combination that has a chain size that fits right.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would this help?
http://www.aaenperformance.com/Polaris_600_fusion.asp

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Not going to happen. Fst even the touring sleds have more power and top speed. My bud has a 07 600 iq and even with me and my fst being about 100lbs more i can pull him off the line and have about 8mph more then he does on the topend. Sure you can gear for more speed but you will lose low end speed. And even gearing cant make up for the 20 or so hp difference.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
^ guess you just have to be far enough ahead of him that he cant reach you on the straights! w/ them being heavier you should be able to out turn and preform on trail situations,

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i just get the silencer will that add some hp...will i have to rejet?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
If that Aaen pipe does in fact give the 8HP increase that he is claiming that is a nice bump from the stock HP, but the pricing has me a bit confused for sure, $375 for the pipe and $275 for the double core silencer????, that comes out to $650 for a complete single pipe setup and if you ask me that is HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!,[highlight=orange] I have no idea of what kind of performance is to be had out of a stock FST, but I'm guessing the fuse should be able to hold its own but I could be wrong[/highlight=orange], I do know that the older Cat 660 turbo's run pretty good, maybe some guys in the know of the FST's can elaborate on what they know about them and how they perform.

Jonesie Just answered my illiteracy to this topic.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
As for being able to lose him on the trails......not to sure as some of the members here can atest to i had not issues keeping up with the "fast" group at this past years SF ride. Guess it just comes down to rider skill for that part. Who cares who is faster, in my group there are 3sled that run too and over 120mph on a gps. Just enjoy riding not everything is a compitition there will always be someone faster.....its a fact.

To give an idea of top speed 102-112 mph is pretty common on fst with the 136 tracked sled have more topend. I managed 101-102 mph. Nit to mention that with a simple and 100% safe ecu upgrade you can get another 35hp. If you look on polaris files also run and owned by erick there is a huge and very informative fst section.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bj.hardy said:
^ guess you just have to be far enough ahead of him that he cant reach you on the straights! w/ them being heavier you should be able to out turn and preform on trail situations,
good point...

ill wait till next summer and get what i need to beat him...lol save my money. i look on mcb performence(i think thats what it is) and they had them for fusions 9s and 7s but none for the 600s[confused2]

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
98700xc said:
If that Aaen pipe does in fact give the 8HP increase that he is claiming that is a nice bump from the stock HP, but the pricing has me a bit confused for sure, $375 for the pipe and $275 for the double core silencer????, that comes out to $650 for a complete single pipe setup and if you ask me that is HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!,[highlight=orange] I have no idea of what kind of performance is to be had out of a stock FST, but I'm guessing the fuse should be able to hold its own but I could be wrong[/highlight=orange], I do know that the older Cat 660 turbo's run pretty good, maybe some guys in the know of the FST's can elaborate on what they know about them and how they perform.

Jonesie Just answered my illiteracy to this topic.
what pipes would you sugest?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
could i get the one for $199 (iq shift/rmk
http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/cgi-bin/E25DAE0B/mac/template.mac/loadHtmlPage?htmlPage=snow/engine/slp-exhaust.html

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The one listed is only a can and gains you no hp dispite what it says.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
A can isn't going to do anything. A pipe setup won't beat an FST either. The FST's are just fast.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what color spring could i get to have it engage at about 4500 rpms

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you really wanted an aaen pipe i can get you a better price than what they advertise. it wont help beat an fst, there is nothing in the polaris lineup that can run with the fst.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts