Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing up my Mach a little and it is draining my wallet fast. Anyway, I'm not complaining as I know sledding is an expensive sport... question-my boots are shot on my steering and I was wondering if I could drive it for one season and get away with it or if serious damage will occur. THANKS IN ADVANCE.[?]

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
My dad used some sort of rubber cement to fix up his boots till warm weather prevailed to change them.
Somebody has to know some good stuff to use...if not I'll find out and post later.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I don't really know....super glue? Tha should hold it together. It should be alright until next season, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I always use slicone for Windows and doors. This stuff is strong and flexible. Make sure you get the top of the line stuff or it will not hold. It will cost an extra $1 or $2 but is well worth it. Any Hardware Store should have it and ask the clerk for the best. You can get it in clear so you won't even see it. If the repair needs to be made in an area where flexiablity is not needed, JB Weld is the best stuff in the world. Its like cold weld that will not break.

Hope this helps! [:)]

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Just called Dad...the stuff he used in windshield glass adhesive.
He got a partly used tube from a glass shop (Novus autoglass) and used that.
Actually...it holds so well he hasn't even put the new boots on yet.
But he says it is real messy stuff, so be carefull where you get it.
But you will need to let it setup in a warm shop for it to work.
Good luck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's called eurothane and you can get it from Napa or any good auto parts store. 3m makes a fast acting eurothane that's great. It has very little shelf life once opened though so make sure you don't have to touch it up later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the info. I don't trailer my sled CAPTAINKIRK but thanks for the advice. I'll probably just make sure it's greased well and wait 'til next winter to replace them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
captainkirk?? thats an interesting name, sounds exactly like caption kirk hibbert of arctic cat fame. anyways welcome aboard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts