Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need someone with an edge sled to take a picture of the steering post for me.. my steering is all messed since i fliped my sled, and i need to see a picture of an edge steering shaft to see if that is what is all messed up.. i guess just take the top off the airbox or somethn.. i need to know if its straight or if it has a slight bend in it. well any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Sure...here ya go.

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1045249373-7477&P=SM-2001-700-XC-SP-STEERING-HANDLEBAR

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i was lookn at that picture on the polaris site.. but sometimes they arent actually how the drawings are.. i might just call the local dealer

·
Registered
314 Posts
here ya go, hope this helps ya...

/polarisman/../images/users/xc700_02/sled1 054.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/xc700_02/sled1 055.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/xc700_02/sled1 056.jpg

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i will go over tommorow and take a pic of what happened.. i thought it was suppost to be straight but my cousin kept sayn it was fine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
[V]well I would say its bent just a tad :)

If you look at your steering column vs my steering column, yours should be almost flush with the white airbox case. It may even be bent at the "lower" part of the shaft so its not as viewable. Also cant recall if the handlebar housing is welded to the shaft or not?? It may come as one hole new piece

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill have to see how much it would cost to fix, that or i might just leave it. but id rather fix it so i dont get in another accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts