Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get this sled and wounder if it csn be fixed '2001 Polaris xcf, Great sled well maintained, minor issue runs for awhile then bogs out and loses Rpm not sure whats wrong with it,thinking its something electrical and an easy fix. Pretty much all around rebuilt motor $800'

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do not buy a xcf.
We had that problem and it was in the clucth it really wouldn't go so we got that fixed and sold it. The 2001 xcf was a grass drag sled the needles in the carbs are set to a certain temp so when the motor gets to hot it will shut off. It wont be worth getting an xcf.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
indyrider15 said:
Do not buy a xcf.
We had that problem and it was in the clucth it really wouldn't go so we got that fixed and sold it. The 2001 xcf was a grass drag sled the needles in the carbs are set to a certain temp so when the motor gets to hot it will shut off. It wont be worth getting an xcf.
I do not want to seam rude, but the XCF was not a grass drag machine. I have a copy of the 2001 one Polaris brochure and that XCF is advertised as a consumer SnoX sled. I do not believe any snowmobile manufactuer has produced a snowmobile for grass drags. We own an 01' XCF 440 and they are known to be VERY finicky with jetting, I am not sure why, but it is known amoung many Polaris mechanics. Ours went back to the dealer and apparently the problem is fixed (we have no way of knowing as it has not been tested out in two years). I do not know what changes they made, but it was all in jetting. Main and pilot jets, as well as some e-clip needle setting. Here is a link to some helpful information I found on another forum. If tuned right, these 440 fanners are supposed to scream. Tempa Flow is also another option to ensure the machine does not bog and load up due to tempature changes.

http://www.snowtracks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2103

·
Registered
443 Posts
Our's was, doesn't mean every xcf is a grass drag but all i know was some sales guy at digger's polaris told us some were used as grass drag because they were fast from the right away. That's all i know about the xcf sorry if some stuff was wrong i just wouldn't buy one.
And our's was also a 2001. And ya the jetting is messed and they are very bad temp wise.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
indyrider15 said:
Our's was, doesn't mean every xcf is a grass drag but all i know was some sales guy at digger's polaris told us some were used as grass drag because they were fast from the right away. That's all i know about the xcf sorry if some stuff was wrong i just wouldn't buy one.
And our's was also a 2001. And ya the jetting is messed and they are very bad temp wise.
I could see them being a good grass drag sled if set up properly. I think they are a great sled if tuned up right, Edge suspension and Ryde FX shocks cannot be beat IMO. Don't be sorry if your wrong!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts