Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one im wondering can you turbo a 809 triple and if so where can i get the set up im wondering buddie and me are wanting to build this mod to have more power and seeing if we can turbo this sled .

every bit of help will be useful and thank you to helps

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
You can turbo just about anything,I dont believe anyone ever made a kit for the 809 triple that I am aware of though. So you would be fabbing up your own mounting,airbox and charge tube.

If you go the garrett route you could probably use the oil tank,turbo and oil pump from silber. Then make your own airbox and plumbing.

A Aero 66 series turbo would be the easiest route as it is a self contained turbo that doesn't require a oil tank/pump. It is $2500 for the turbo alone though.

Either way you will have $3000+ into it if you do it right.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the web sites to buy the turbo and oil pump

i think if me and my friend can pull this of we will be the talk of the town this year out climbing the one guy here who thinks his sleds got the most power and speed and he runs a 809

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
https://aerocharger.com/shop/index.php/aerochargers/66-series-vatn-aerocharger.html

http://www.silberturbos.com/products

You will be putting alot of time into clutching and jetting it,and being a mod motor to began with it will probably be finicky.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres a link with a xcr 700 triple with a turbo but is the way they have the pipe set up bad like i read in the comments about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFOOG1WYws&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivsWwd1256g&feature=related

is this good how its all set up in the sled

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
This is ideally what the exhaust should look like. A single pipe would not be very efficient.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Something sounded pretty SAD about that 700, but would like to here that beast of yours running R-K

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
wildcat-700 said:
heres a link with a xcr 700 triple with a turbo but is the way they have the pipe set up bad like i read in the comments about it
That video is horrible for a setup, probably only putting out 1/2 the horsepower it could be, because there's no expansion chamber at all.

Triple piped like RMK showed is the only way to get a respectable amount of power out of a triple with turbo.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the youtube clip shows that anyone can buy a turbo or wrenches, but not everyone should. ha!

if you have 4 grand into it you can figure a few pistons and cylinders getting wrecked dialing it in.

there is a lot of stuff that you can get from the auto world to help control fuel as the sled has more and less boost. the fuel is the key, you have to be able to have jetting on no boost and full boost and everywhere inbetween.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Talk to curt at fastrax they have built at least one maybe more skidoo triple turbos http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think you should just buy a 120 and have daddy maintain it for you and ride the damn thing...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flatlander_summit said:
I think you should just buy a 120 and have daddy maintain it for you and ride the damn thing...
dude wtf is wrong with you like i have a very nice sled it mint shape so why you bashing me when i want to have more power more jam out of a triple its all fun in games if you love the sport so stop bashing me alright im come here asking question before i go throw with some thing so i dont do it wrong so stop bashing im sick of it

Gp800 said:
Talk to curt at fastrax they have built at least one maybe more skidoo triple turbos http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/
hey thanks ill check in to it im very interested to see if any one has or hasent turbo a rotax 809 triple hill climber

·
Registered
646 Posts
wildcat-700 said:
flatlander_summit said:
dude wtf is wrong with you like i have a very nice sled it mint shape so why you bashing me when i want to have more power more jam out of a triple its all fun in games if you love the sport so stop bashing me alright im come here asking question before i go throw with some thing so i dont do it wrong so stop bashing im sick of it
How much is your sled worth?
How much is a turbo kit going to cost?
Do you really want to put that much money into it? Plan on 4 grand for parts and labor.
Are you experienced enough to tune, wrench, and experiment with something that is meant for normal aspiration?
anytime you ram air into something that is not intended for it, things will break. You start with 4 grand, but who knows how much it is going to cost in the end after blowing motors, pistons, rods, rings, and God knows what else.
If you are willing to take that risk, then go for it. And if you pull it off, let us know.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
wildcat-700 said:
flatlander_summit said:

Gp800 said:
hey thanks ill check in to it im very interested to see if any one has or hasent turbo a rotax 809 triple hill climber
First of all you have not taken the time to do any research on the matter, but simply ask everyone else to devote time to researching your project, which to me, means that you don't have the ambition and know how to tune a simple 809 mod sled much less a 809 with a turbo on it. Take the time to research these questions there are plenty of guys who have put turbos on sleds, but it takes a little time to find everything that you need. Secondly, unless I'm mistaken you've talked about money in some of your other posts so unless you've suddenly hit the lottery or gotten some high paying job you're going to have more money concerns when you spend $4K to get a turbo set up and tuned. Like I've told you before stick to a stock sled and learn from that. You don't have the money or knowledge to being modding sleds. If you like sledding rather than sitting in an inoperable sled stick with something box stock and who cares who has a bigger pair on the hill, you're riding. I think this sled is a perfect example of your ability to turbo a sled. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113592/display.aspx

Your enthusiam is there for sledding which is great, but until you have a little more know how and the funds to have a good backup sled i would refrain from the mod sleds as your main sled. It sucks having to drive for hours to find an obsolete part or worse not having a sled to ride during the best time of the season because you can't find some obsolete outdated mod part. I know, I'm speaking for experience.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will i emailed the guys at fastrax and they have done triples with turbos but they have never done a rotax triple and they sounded interested in doing my 809 triple with a turbo set up

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Not bashing here, just my .02
Ive got to side with flatland on this one. You have a nice sled, ride and enjoy it. Even if you have the money to turbo this you need some serious know how to tune, especially on the run. Turbo sleds are finicky, even if you have it dialed today its going to run like crap next weekend when the temp changes 4 degrees and you go up 200 feet in elevation.
The other thing that comes to mind is that this thing seems like a death trap as it is. Get it cranking 220+ H.P. and we may not see you around here to much more. A little more riding experience couldnt hurt.
At the end of the day turbo sleds are a total pain in the @ss, but awesome when running correctly. Its a toss up.

As people have posted previously, if it has a motor it can have a turbo. Someone else posted something about the price of the sled VS the price of the turbo set up, Is a turbo kit worth it if it costs you twice what the actual sled does? Not practical IMO.

Another suggestion, spend a little more time with your spelling/typing. Hard to understand what it is your trying to say.

So basically I think you would enjoy the sled a lot more without a turbo, but do whatever you want.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i agree with some of the things said by others, if your not mechanically inclined with sleds which i dont know if you are or not? a CARBED turbo sled would seem like a nightmare, but a fuel injected turbo is a whole different ball game, but we wont get into that here, i found 2 809 turbo triples in neils power pipes gallery i think you should try to get ahold of those guys and see what they reccomend if you still want a turbo triple.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where do i look at the 809 turbo triples and every one im sorry for my spelling i have always had troubles so im sorry for the spelling grammer im more a hands on person i learn from watching and im very good and rebuilding and mechanically inclined i also was talking with some one from fastrax and he said they can make my sled a turn and go turbo triple no screwing around

·
Registered
271 Posts
http://npowerperformance.com/gallery.php?ref=5 they are in the turbo section those guys at fastrax do some amazing work

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
flatlander_summit said:
wildcat-700 said:
flatlander_summit said:

Gp800 said:
First of all you have not taken the time to do any research on the matter, but simply ask everyone else to devote time to researching your project, which to me, means that you don't have the ambition and know how to tune a simple 809 mod sled much less a 809 with a turbo on it. Take the time to research these questions there are plenty of guys who have put turbos on sleds, but it takes a little time to find everything that you need. Secondly, unless I'm mistaken you've talked about money in some of your other posts so unless you've suddenly hit the lottery or gotten some high paying job you're going to have more money concerns when you spend $4K to get a turbo set up and tuned. Like I've told you before stick to a stock sled and learn from that. You don't have the money or knowledge to being modding sleds. If you like sledding rather than sitting in an inoperable sled stick with something box stock and who cares who has a bigger pair on the hill, you're riding. I think this sled is a perfect example of your ability to turbo a sled. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113592/display.aspx

Your enthusiam is there for sledding which is great, but until you have a little more know how and the funds to have a good backup sled i would refrain from the mod sleds as your main sled. It sucks having to drive for hours to find an obsolete part or worse not having a sled to ride during the best time of the season because you can't find some obsolete outdated mod part. I know, I'm speaking for experience.
will money isn't the problem i have plenty of it know working the oil patch
9 days i make $3000 to take home

i do have a back up sled im buying a Indy 500 chassis is has a 670 rotaxs in it with a custom one peace tunnel and big wheel kit and i have a guy im buying a true 2004 pro x 440 trail converted

so im looking to make this 809 my baby and to keep for a very long time its going to be my pride and joy when its all done.

and i have been riding sled for the past 6 years i think im doing good. im part of a sled team and there will be some sweet videos once the snow fly's ill be sure to post them or links to the and then every one that bashes me on thinking my not good or dont have enough experience you will see .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts