Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i live in New York a couple hours from TUG HILL and i was wondering if anyone had any information on canada. I couple of my friends and me want to go up but we have no clue where to go who to call for a hotel or anything. So if anyone has any information on this email me at [email protected] or just tell me on here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
whereabouts in new york do you live, I live about 15 minutes northwest of rome

/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

POLARIS--THE ONLY WAY OUT

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi hollamby99, I'm in northern ontario, trails up here are great. PM me with your address [if you want] and I'll mail you some info and maps.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
975 Posts
Come on up to Ontario. We've got some of the best sled trails in North America. Thousands of miles of trails. I live in Southern Ontario. Trenton. Hey Sleddaver..... we're heading up to Northbay, Shiney tree and then Pembroke over to Quebec and down. You near there? That's a fantastic run.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm in sudbury, going to shinning tree wednesdays this year for day runs, I hope. No traffic that day, and smooth trails. Use to sled around Marmora yrs. ago, parents still live there.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
93 Posts
When do the trails open up there? I am looking to ride in early December. Are the lakes freezing?

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The lakes are just starting to freeze, we just got some warm weather so I don't know how it is holding up now. The best riding is in January.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Last year I didn't ride any lakes in my area on account they didn't freeze that well. We need that good week or two of a cold snap to freeze them. Last year there was more snow that ice on them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you all are getting together for a ride in Ontario I would love to go. We have some awsome trails in between Kitchener and Owen Sound too. Not as nice as Sudbury but still really good. If the snow is good my group are going to go from my backyard to Owen Sound (about 8 hour ride) stay over night there and ride back a different way the next day. Let me know what you think. It will probably be January as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In like Ontar. when can you started to ride? Is mid-december crazy or can you ride then? Also can anyone give me some names of places that i could stay in canada cause i need to plan a trip but i don't know who to call.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if any of you have done the ottawa valley to North bay trip. Looks liike alot of fun and im hoping to make it up there by sled for chritsmas time. Im in ottawa, but would maybe trailer up to renfrew or something like that just to save a few lake crossings if the ice isnt good by then.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Some ice on the edges of the lakes, but its been warm and rainy this week. But tonite its going down to -14 c and a high of -9 c tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on the lakes and snow in Sudbury.
Gotta get the arctic puss ready this weekend, new track, 96 mega bites, maybe v-force, "shhhhhh, it's bone stock", ha ha ha.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
506 Posts
hotrod, where are these trails from KW to owen sound? I'm in KW, and my grandparents are near owensound (1.25 houir ride or so from their, and I LOVE the trails from owensound to their place) generally I ride from around london or from up north, never from kitchener before (my moms place). maybe this winter I could get ya to show me the trails.

hey guys, if ya see a mountain SRX on the trails in southwestern ontario, chances are its me, not many of those slugs left out here.

ya, anyways hotrod, that'd be awesome if you could show me where those trails are, if yer from KW anyways, maybe we could do some ridein this winter. that'd be awesome if I had some trails close enough to home that I wouldn't have to trailer out to. at my dads and grandparents, I can just jump on, pull the cord and rock. that's a great feeling.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
We will most definately try to hook up. I just used Kitchener as a place for the U.S guys to look on the map. I actually live about an hours ride south near Brantford and we go through KW on our way up north. Anyway do you know where the Blue Moon tavern is on hiway 7 in Petersburg? We go straight through there. Another place you could meet us is at the Conostoga lake park. There is a club house there. The trails north of the park start to really get good. That is if you like fast running like me. I havent actualy made it all tha way to Owen Sound from home yet but, spent alot of time around Listowel and north of there. When the snow is poor we trailer to Listowel and ride from there. So keep in touch and we will get out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys
Which club do you buy your trail permits from.
If it's a club in District 5, they're going to have trail maps available by mid-December. These maps show where all the trails are in the entire district.
They show a tremendous amount of detail like every road crossing is labelled so that it's much easier to figure out where you're at.
The OFSC is supposed to be putting a less detailed version of our map on their website within the next few weeks.
You can email or private message me if you want more info.
I live just south of K-W. Around Bright, Plattsville and New Hamburg.
I would definitely consider a ride with you guys if I'm able to that day.

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER
or
DRIVE LIKE LIGHTNING,
CRASH LIKE THUNDER!!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
theres usually just enough ice on the lakes around mid december... 2 years ago I spent Newyears just booting it around the lake while the party went on by the camp fire on the shore.

I'm not sure what district I'm in, But I get my permit from HCSA Haliburton County Snowmobile Assosiation.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is there any snow in Canada near Metagoshe? I don't mind traveling, but can't travel to far due to work commitments.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya, I think I know the blue moon tavern, i didn't realize the trails went thru there, it's like.... I dunno a 10-15 minute drive from my house, I just gotta find a way to get the sled outa the city without takin the truck, there's gotta be a way, I jsut don't know it, I live up on bridgeport, easiest, way I think, would be to head out towards breslaugh or maryhill, unfortunatly that's kinda the wrong direction. but getting out of the city is the hard part, I just want a way to be able to just pull the cord and go. definatly I think I could meet up with you guys at blue moon tho. I drive past it every time I go to my dads place I believe (if it's the place I'm thinin of, I'll check tonight). might just get one of my buddys to head out with me, then he can take my truck back home. I'd absolutly love to be able to get around from out of kitchener in the winter on the sled tho. I do it from my dads to my grandparents some times (that's a nice ride)

and ya hotrod, I know what ya mean fast trailrideing, up towards owen sound you can really rock. I used to run my phazer right on the bar all the time, like, I coulda zip-tied it wide open, and I probably woulda been fine (except the occasional street crossing)

we'll makie owen sound this year man, if I can make it from london to flesherton, I can make kitchener to owen sound, it'd be about a half day ride. I totally can't wait to try out the SRX on the trails

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hey Guys
I don't want to burst your bubble but the trail at the Blue Moon is closed because they built that golf course where the trail used to run and they couldn't find an immediate route around.

You can catch the trail (Top Trail B203) at St. Agatha (the next village north of Petersburg) I think you can unload at the Greenwood Rod & Gun Club. Don't quote me on that though. Other options would be Baden to the west, St. Jacobs, Conestogo and Bloomindale to the north.

You mentioned you live in Bridgeport. The trail starts just east of there but I'm not sure where. If you contact the Bridgeport Rod & Gun club, they should be able to tell you or direct you to someone who can. As far as being able to sled from your backyard, Kitchener has a bylaw banning all sledding anywhere within city limits. That includes Bridgeport. Sorry.

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER
or
DRIVE LIKE LIGHTNING,
CRASH LIKE THUNDER!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I go up to Grand Mere or Shawinigan, its between Montreal and Quebec City and start from 'Hotel Safari'. The guy that owns the place is the best, Bernard! You cant ask for better service. You park your ride and trailer there, he locks it up, watches it for you. If you break down, anywhere, he will come and get you. Anywhere! His rates are a little higher than the norm, but you get better service. He sells the trail permits right there, so you dont have to go out and look for a dealer. I live 30 miles west of Albany and it takes me about 4 1/2 to 5 hours to get there. Its like 335 miles from my house. The riding up there is awesome and the owner is super honest. I called this past February to ask how the trails were and he told me to stay home and save my money! He tells it like it is. Some friends and I go up every year on Presidents day weekend in February. Give it a try. You wont be disappointed.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

1 - 20 of 30 Posts