Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a track for my 96 XLT 600(stock everything, short track, non-sp). I was thinking a 1.25.
What brand/model would you suggest?(ripsaw?)
Will it fit?
And most importantly, where would you buy from, Can./U.S.?
How much should I pay cdn.?

Thanks, Remi.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got a brand new track for my Yamaha Inviter 300 (i know you will laugh at it but its great for the kids to learn on and its easy to fix) for $100 USD (Camoplast retail at Royal Distributing was $450 CDN) on ebay, but that was lucky.

Try Royal Distributing, sometimes they have closeouts or overstocks. You can bet you'll spend over $400 anyways for brand new.
Good luck

·
Registered
685 Posts
Try for a good used one.....Ive seen them pretty reasonable. e-bay as well....good luck

Ribsaw is one of the best............

·
Registered
685 Posts
Try for a good used one.....Ive seen them pretty reasonable. e-bay as well....good luck

Ribsaw is one of the best............

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I put an 1.25 ripsaw on my 95 xcr, and a 1inch hacksaw on the 95 XLT. The ripsaw is running very close to the heat exchanger, and with either one, you will have to remove the tunnel prtectors. Im very pleased with the hacksaw on my XLT. I didnt go 1.25, as the sled is stock, and running 34's, the xcr handles the 1.25 like a dream, but it is also an xcr, and running 38's. I went everywhere the 1.25 did, and broke alot of trail doing it. the hacksaw came predrilled for studs, so I can still stud, but no way of studding the ripsaw, as there just wasnt clearence. Every dealer said the 1.25, and 1 inch camoplasts will fit, what they didnt tell me, was I was going to HAVE to remove the tunnel protectors, or notch the brand new track, and I wasn't going to notch. You can also run "underdrive" sprockets for drives, but still, you will have to remove protectors.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.....now how about this fully clipped or every third??....what do I need?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Hey bud.

If you decide you want a track that's clipped every third may I suggest.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56644

I've held on to it for three weeks, I've had two people tell me something came up and backed out. This is the cheapest you'll find a ripsaw for. I should know, I just bought two, including this one. I'm taking the lose to try and get rid of it fast, however it just didn't seem to go. Ah well, send me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
160 Posts
depends on your riding conditions if you do alot of trail riding then a rip saw is fine but if yrou doing liek more powder riding and ditch with lots of snow id go with something with a padel like a camoplast predetor. if your running an xtra 12 and go to every third window you need to move the limiter straps up to change the attack angle at the front on the xtra 10 im not sure. if your goign to go to every window no problems. i had a 1.25 on my sled and had no problem with clearance just had to remove the tunnel protectors if your up for a little modding you can go even bigger. i went to 8 tooth drivers and droped the back mounting whole an inch and stuffed a 1 and 3/4 in my xlt with a hundred studs and i love it

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, talked to tom at sno world, said he had no used, but a new Predator was 599.00 and that was a "real good price". He also mentioned the ripsaws were junk and I should get the one above.lol

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Wow, ripsaws are junk, that's why everyone wants one![;)]

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i got a Predator, so far its great, but thats only 25 miles. contact RX1CBPP on this site and see if he will ship to Canada. i know even with exchange i didn't pay anything close to that much for mine for the xlt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts