Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Witch canister will sound better on a 1997 mxz 670 Looking for nice tone but not so loud you will get a headache Looking between the MBRP trail or the SLP

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think MBRP cans are louder the SLP.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
MBRPs are worse than dynaport. My MBRP required earplugs to avoid headaces and ringing. Made worse yet by motocross helmets.

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]MBRP is better. Its got a nice "zap" sound too it. Never heard a SLP can before.
If you've never heard a SLP can, how can you go saying the MBRP is better? If you've never experienced something, that automatically makes something else superior? Guess I just don't get your logic on this one...

Anyway, if you want a nice sound, but still to remain quiet SLP should do the trick. My buddy has one on a Pro-X 600, and it has a nice sound to it, but isn't much louder than stock. I'm not exactly sure how loud an MBRP Trail can is, but if they are anything like my D&D 'trail' can is, it isn't very quiet. [B)] MBRP do have a nice ring (sound) to them though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the mbrp race can is definately louder than what you're looking for, but a trail can gives a pretty nice sound. my brother has one on his 2001 xcsp 800 and it sounds great

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
From somebody that actually owns an MBRP Trail Can it is quiet at idle and everywhere else until you punch it, even then it isn't "ear piercing" or even close to that. I recommend MBRP Trail Version cans.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I liek my slp its noticbly difrent sounding at idle kinda loud at midrange and at wfo its pretty loud iam happy with it it gives it a nice bark and its not too loud that il get in trouble when i come rolling in at 1 or 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts