Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, well this summer i am working, and selling my sled. I am not sure what to do, on two things. please give me your opinions.

Question 1 scenario: I will have saved around $3500 cash for this up coming winter for a sled, plus i am selling my sled (hopeing to get around $2500-$2700). So i can probably spend around $5000 on a sled or what ever i buy.

Question 1: Should i sell my sled now, add $500 or so and buy a 2006 Polaris Outlaw or something similar to ride this summer and trade it and some cash for a sled in fall? or just not buy a bike, stick to my pedal bike and buy a sled all in cash for around $5000 or so?

Question 2 scenario: I'm not sure on what sled to get, im either going to get either of the following, which one do you reccomend or prefer? And i listed the mods i would do (you can add your opinions into those too).

- 2005 Polaris XcSp 600 or 700 (white/red): White c&a's (outlaw or Razor) with red loops. black trailing arms and radius rods, black skid-plate, take off red rear bumper covers, 9" black windshield (or should i put white or red?) black headlight cover, fox clicker rear shock, SS or MBRP can.

-2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 or 700: Red or white A&A's (Outlaws or Razors), 9" red chrome windshield or 9" black windshield, red chrome Sportech handguards, or black/white Powermadd handguards, Red front bumper, Red IQ snowflap, black tunnel supports, black radius rods and trailing arms, black rear bunper , SS or MBRP can.

- Other scenario for 2003 Polaris Pro-X: paint hood orange, buy stock Pro-XR 800 graphics, get custom made orange seat cover, Pro-XR trailing arm decals, gray or black belly pan, diamond plate skid-plate, pro-XR front bumper, black headlight cover, orange C&A skis (Outlaw or Razor), orange rear bumper, orange springs, orange arms in rear suspention.

-2004 Polaris Pro-XR or X2 600 or 700: IF i find a good deal. people want way to much for them here...

what are you guys thinking?

jesse500 said:
Hello all, well this summer i am working, and selling my sled. I am not sure what to do, on two things. please give me your opinions.

Question 1 scenario: I will have saved around $3500 cash for this up coming winter for a sled, plus i am selling my sled (hopeing to get around $2500-$2700). So i can probably spend around $5000 on a sled or what ever i buy.

Question 1: Should i sell my sled now, add $500 or so and buy a 2006 Polaris Outlaw or something similar to ride this summer and trade it and some cash for a sled in fall? or just not buy a bike, stick to my pedal bike and buy a sled all in cash for around $5000 or so?

Question 2 scenario: I'm not sure on what sled to get, im either going to get either of the following, which one do you reccomend or prefer? And i listed the mods i would do (you can add your opinions into those too).

- 2005 Polaris XcSp 600 or 700 (white/red): White c&a's (outlaw or Razor) with red loops. black trailing arms and radius rods, black skid-plate, take off red rear bumper covers, 9" black windshield (or should i put white or red?) black headlight cover, fox clicker rear shock, SS or MBRP can.

-2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 or 700: Red or white A&A's (Outlaws or Razors), 9" red chrome windshield or 9" black windshield, red chrome Sportech handguards, or black/white Powermadd handguards, Red front bumper, Red IQ snowflap, black tunnel supports, black radius rods and trailing arms, black rear bunper , SS or MBRP can.

- Other scenario for 2003 Polaris Pro-X: paint hood orange, buy stock Pro-XR 800 graphics, get custom made orange seat cover, Pro-XR trailing arm decals, gray or black belly pan, diamond plate skid-plate, pro-XR front bumper, black headlight cover, orange C&A skis (Outlaw or Razor), orange rear bumper, orange springs, orange arms in rear suspention.

-2004 Polaris Pro-XR or X2 600 or 700: IF i find a good deal. people want way to much for them here...

what are you guys thinking?
201048203534776_23162.jpg
201048203536620_23162.jpg
201048203539495_23162.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
mines for sale! :p but the prox's would be a sled that u could really beet on and preform alot better..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think it all depends on what you want to do. Do you want to play around on a quad in the summer, or do you want to work your ass off? If I was in your shoes, I would sell the sled right now, work my ass off the whole summer, and than buy a ProXR or ProX2. The reason I would buy either of those sleds is because from what I can see, you ride your sled pretty hard, and those sleds both have pretty sold/re-inforced chasis'. I also really like the graphics/colour designs. You never know though, if you do choose to work your ass off you may earn more money than you expected which would help out when modifying them the way you like. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would go with the 03 prox 600 I own the one that you have a pic of, and its great almost to good for me, I want more of a project sled, so I might be willing to sell you mine. Didnt think my sled was so popular lol. PM me.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might go with the 2003 Pro-X and make it a wanna-be Pro-XR as i want a new ipod, cell phone, laptop.

anybody like that idea?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Depends on what you can do during the Summer months, lay around and do nothing........Buy the Outlaw and go have some fun!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
jesse500 said:
I might go with the 2003 Pro-X and make it a wanna-be Pro-XR as i want a new ipod, cell phone, laptop.

anybody like that idea?
that would look cool but a good paint job is going to cost alot same with the decals. Also you going to get walker evens shocks for it, or are you just going for the looks of the proxr?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the Ryde-FX clickers are good enough. And i can get the hood painted orange (OEM polaris colour) for $80

and the custom seat cover (orange side with polaris in white) for $90.

the only costly part is the hood/belly pan decals. windshield, trailing arm decals, and powder coating.

So what im thinking for my 2003 Polaris Pro-X/2004 Polaris Pro-XR clone idea:

buy a 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600(7000 miles, good condition, comes with extras, i know the owner) $2500. string decals and paint hood orange $80, get custom black/white/orange seat cover for $90, Pro-XR windshield $60, paint rear suspention arms orange, front springs orange $?, custom stickers $50, gray or black belly pan $200.

so $2500 + 200 + $80 + $90 + $60 + $50 + $? = $3000 ish.

so its spend $3500 for a 2003 Pro-X clone or $5000 for a Pro-XR?

·
Registered
83 Posts
jesse500 said:
the Ryde-FX clickers are good enough. And i can get the hood painted orange (OEM polaris colour) for $80

and the custom seat cover (orange side with polaris in white) for $90.

the only costly part is the hood/belly pan decals. windshield, trailing arm decals, and powder coating.

So what im thinking for my 2003 Polaris Pro-X/2004 Polaris Pro-XR clone idea:

buy a 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600(7000 miles, good condition, comes with extras, i know the owner) $2500. string decals and paint hood orange $80, get custom black/white/orange seat cover for $90, Pro-XR windshield $60, paint rear suspention arms orange, front springs orange $?, custom stickers $50, gray or black belly pan $200.

so $2500 + 200 + $80 + $90 + $60 + $50 + $? = $3000 ish.

so its spend $3500 for a 2003 Pro-X clone or $5000 for a Pro-XR?

yeah thats not to bad for a paint job but it is just a snowmobile hood their not big, for some reason i was think that it was going to cost as much as it was to paint my car. Are you going to be using a shorty seat also or just the stock seat from the 03?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no. i talked to the guy. its going to cost me $120 to get a custom seat, he would add 3" of firmer foam to the top, and make the custom cover (identical to a 2002 xcsp seat cover (same color design, and "polaris" in white, but that "xc" on the sides is going to say "XR"). sound cool?

and i can get a XR 800 windshield, XR race front bumper, orange bar pad, 2006 Polaris Supersport skis (orange loops on IQ style skis), hood painted orange, custom seat/cover for $440 shipped, and hood clear coated. so id need a belly pan, decals, and powder coating.

i think i am going this route!

·
Registered
584 Posts
or ill sell you my sled for $4000?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fox440 said:
or ill sell you my sled for $4000?
Your way too far to drive for a sled. it would cost me almost $5000 to get your sled home and all the fees paid. and i dont want a 136" sled.

and i am talking $3500 canadian for an XR clone.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Find a pro xr with a 440 l/c in it, and drop a 700 in it, or even an 800. Get the 04 Pro xr though, way better built than the other pro-x's. My bro has one and its built VERY beafy and it can take a beating! The 440 liquids are also very powerful for their class. I would get a pro x of some sort if i were you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My personal opinion is upgrade to the IQ chassis, they handle much better. As i upgraded myself from a 03 pro x to a 05 iq and it was a big difference, for the better.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'd stick w/ the normal bike and forget the quad..then you have a little more room to mess with whatever sled you decide on. I personally think a normal bike is plenty of fun...and the maintence isn't outrageous either!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
**you mean pedal bike? or my Honda Fourtrax i have now?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
buy a 2003 or 04 pro-x. save all the money you want to make a clone xr, and clutch it, reeds, and slp pipe/can combo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts