Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an SLP can the other day. It doesn't have much of a roar, kind of just a low grunt. Im not looking for it to be loud, i want it to just have a roar. After a few more hundred miles will it like "break in" or something?

·
Registered
632 Posts
it should after you burn it out.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
It will change sound after a few hundred miles, but if you want something loud MBRP and SnowStuffs Rumblepacks are loud.

You can also get a can called "THE THING". It is custom made, and it is what your looking for if you want stupid loud. My buddy got one for is '09 Shift RMK 800. It sounds like he is right next to you when he is a few miles up a canyon or on another peak across form you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an MBRP, got this because of the noise. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
848 Posts
My cousin has a Jaws can that is slightly louder than SLP but not MBRP, sounds good on his 600.

·
Registered
718 Posts
if you soak it in the tub over night and let it dry, it'll be real loud and annoying. they sound pretty good when new in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I don't really agree with soaking cans. I wouldn't personally. To me its just asking to be rusted real fast.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i had a slp on my zr900 and my rev800 nice sound when you give it hell let it break in you will like it, i have a dynoport big barker can now sounds sweet, hopefully i can get the y pipe and single pipe soon

·
Registered
591 Posts
soaking it shrinks the fiberglass packing, and makes it louder. The fiberglass holds the moisture and rots the can out though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
gto0209 said:
soaking it shrinks the fiberglass packing, and makes it louder. The fiberglass holds the moisture and rots the can out though.
thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
FDR_7 said:
what is the point of soaking it? what does it do?
Basically when you soak a can it compresses all the packing material causing it to lose all its sound reducing qualities. The result- LOUD!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wouldnt soak it. It might sound better for awhile but then its gonna rust allot faster than normal and eventually crack. For loud cans mbrp sound the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Point is- DON'T DO IT!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just dont get it. why do people piss there money away on a stupid can? why not just get a pipe and have it in a stock can. atleast you would still shred weight and gain hp unlike a can which is no hp gain...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
its thier money...not yours

1 - 20 of 24 Posts