Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around inside my crank case and fishing around with a magnet and pulled a POP RIVET ! out of my mag side crank case. It was hiding under the fuel mixin the bottom area of the case under where the connecting rod bearing goes. **** a brick says I....So now my dander is up and I split the cases for inspection. Nothing new. How the hell did that get there? Apparrently the motor did not run with this in it near as I can tell. No sign of chew on the rivet,crank or cases. Whew to say the least. Makes ya wonder WTF! Well now I am resting a little easier. Thinking that it might be time to buy a pit bull for the shop. Pistons and cylinders were fine save the reason they were off in the first MF'n place. No snow now weird **** is happening!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I had a reed get sucked in and stuck vertically between the crank and center bearing, ran for along time that way and I found it when I took the reeds off. Weird part was that cage didn't have one missing....

With your's had you even used pop rivets since the last time it ran?? If not, who'd you let near your sled that doesn't like you.....

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I heard about somebody who's engine sucked in a star washer from the screws that hold the airbox on. It kept running fine, so he never tore it down. I am not saying the story is true, I am just saying what somebody said. Is it probable that a star washer could just sit in the bottom of the crankcase and never hurt anything?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what is strange. My rivets are not kept anywhere near my sleds and I have not done any riveting since last March! (that was some 200 miles ago!) I can't believe that thing was in there while I was riding. It would have caused BIG damage. I am more thinking that it was placed there or fell out of my shop vac or something. Pretty nuts though!.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ummm, my friend jonathan flinders found a damn bolt in his macaroni and cheese in elementary. no joke either.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Originally posted by JD
[br]
Originally posted by utrax42
[br]ummm, my friend jonathan flinders found a damn bolt in his macaroni and cheese in elementary. no joke either.
And the lady at Wendy's found a finger in her chili.
Aint that something? I wonder what happened to that lady at Wendy's? LOL.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had a quad suck a screw in. It was the on inside the airbox to hold it on. I was riding and then it just shut off. I could still kick it but it wouldn't even cough.

I took it home and took of the carb and the screw was stuck in the valve holding the valve open. That's obviously why it didn't start. I was just happy that there wasn't any piston to valve contact. Anyway, I flipped the quad upside down so gravity was on my side and popped the screw out with a screwdriver.

Weird how this stuff happens...and great when you get out of it without any catastrophic failure.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by white lightning
[br]
Originally posted by JD
[br]
[br]ummm, my friend jonathan flinders found a damn bolt in his macaroni and cheese in elementary. no joke either.
She got busted, she planted the finger in there so she could sue Wendys. I dont remember the exact way she got the finger, it was real though.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
weird. i was lookin at my sled earlier and one of the bolts on the handlebars was gone. [B)]

·
Registered
86 Posts
my buddy lost his piston skirt and the motor sucked it through the ports and blew it outta the exhaust port without hurting the motor one bit

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by BigFordMan
[br]my buddy lost his piston skirt and the motor sucked it through the ports and blew it outta the exhaust port without hurting the motor one bit
Got lucky on that one. My old Indy 500 I got it cheap because the guy rebuilt it and one C-clip magically found its way into the case. It proceeded to wedge itselft between the piston and cylinder when he started it....oops!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]
[br]
Originally posted by JD
[br]
She got busted, she planted the finger in there so she could sue Wendys. I dont remember the exact way she got the finger, it was real though.
Yes, I remembered hearing about it. Its a good thing she got caught instead of giving Wendy's a bad name. WL.

·
Registered
97 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]
[br]
Originally posted by JD
[br]
Yes, I remembered hearing about it. Its a good thing she got caught instead of giving Wendy's a bad name. WL.
ok how the hell would she get a finger? maybe it was rivited on?? hmmmm i feel like chilli now..did they finger print it?[:D]well maybe she took the finger from the guy that put the rivit in the sled..that will lern him now huh[^]

·
Registered
581 Posts
i heard of my neighbors friend blowing a hole in the center of a piston on a dirtbike, then proceeded to be ******* and fixed it with a washer, nut and bolt, apparently there was just enough clearance for it to fit, apparently the thing ran forever after that also, some weird $#!t happenes with motors sometimes, when my dad went to skool to be a ford mechanic, they stripped a motor and put it back together, then some of the other guys were sore losers and dropped a bolt down the intake, when they ran the motor they heard a clanking going from one side of the motor to the other, they took it apart and found the nut which was no longer a nut but more of a tiny piece of metal, it was bouncing of through the valves going from one side of the motor to the other

1 - 19 of 19 Posts