Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 ext 580 efi and theres a problem with it and not sure what it is. Heres my problem the sled wont go over 50mph it accelerates hard until 50 then it just boggs. Anyone know what could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i would check and see if your clutchs need cleaning

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Clutch not shifting fully.

Take a permanent marker and draw a line from the center of the clutch to the outside. Do this on both of them.

Take the sled out and run it through all speeds. See what part of the line(s) are still on the clutch.

Get back to us with the results (PICTURES).

-OR-

Your main jet could be clogged on your carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
don't know what you have checked so far but i'd start with the belt , [ if you haven't already] then as sledhead907 said , check clutchs
Originally posted by pab
[br]
Originally posted by F7KID
[br]I have a 1994 ext 580 efi and theres a problem with it and not sure what it is. Heres my problem the sled wont go over 50mph it accelerates hard until 50 then it just boggs. Anyone know what could be wrong.

·
Registered
963 Posts
i know i already mentioned this in a post today but this is the same thing that happened. my brother had the same problem he couldn't get his to go over 40-45 and it would bogg. it was a chain case problem so check that also clutches would be smart as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.