Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having the service manager put on new decals, so call to find out if I can pick up my machine. This smarmy, unctious voice tells me, "I'm sorry sir, I have no information for you, the police are here serving a search warrant". I reply, "ok, so is my snogo done". I thought it was one of the jokers there who knows my voice. I get another smarmy reply, which tells me the pigs are in fact there, and answering the phone too.

Great. I sure hope they find what they want and leave in the next hour or so, I want my machine. I pray they don't decide to "hold" everything in the entire shop as evidence. Knowing the total dorks these uniforms are in this burg, I wouldn't put it past them.

At least I have the service managers home phone and cell phone, I'll call him later to find out the scoop.

Maan, I really wanted to go riding. Grrr!

·
Registered
432 Posts
That is, saying he'll be at home and not on the run from Johnny Law. LOL. Seriously, I hope it's nothin major, and you get your ride back sooon. Strange story, though. . . .

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
So like... Why's your sled being held? Was it used in an illegal drug deal?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Im sure everything in the entire shop is being held. Its the only way to do it to begin with. They will see what they can find, or what ever they are looking for, and then in time evidence (sleds) will be returned to the owner.

On the bright side if you didnt pay for the stuff yet, you may get your sled back with everything done and no bill :) and since he may be in the pokie will be a long time before balance is due......LOL

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, all I found out is they tossed the shop and the managers home. Another employee scrammed when the law showed up. Must be serious because both local cops and State Troopers were there. After an hour or so they left, but there was no-one in the shop that knew what to do. So I will go over there at 0900 when they open and get my sled.

I am beginning to think my xcr is some kind of albatross.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
boy your luck just keeps getting better all the time.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well thats one dealer i wouldnt trust. if there is a search warrant being served its either drugs or a chop shop. im thinking drugs if they searched the managers home as well

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
That dealership has been known to hire a few guys that spend their nights at the local halfway house. Some good mechanics that do the wrong things once they drink a couple bottles of R&R.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Might want to check out your sleds storage compartments for contraband. You don't want to get caught with anything.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was a shooting a few days ago, a cab driver got his head blown off...literally, by thieves on two snowmachines. There have been a rash of snowmachine "hold-ups" on the trail; people pulled over and robbed at gunpoint. Just like in the Old West. Which is why I always carry when I leave the house.

Either way, these guys (gals), on the snowmachines shot the driver of the cab twice in the head with a 12 gauge. How they did it twice I have no idea as there wouldn't be much left after shot No. 1. And it takes a really callous person to coldly, deliberately do that too. Cops are checking every lead, as they should, and someone obviously described a snogo driven by the service managers son. Lucky for them, son was home in bed at the time, XLT's are pretty popular out here. So that is the whole story.

I have my snogo, it runs excellently by the way. I will take photos and post them once I get the windshield and EGT gauges on.

It has been a ride.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by TheKuskokid
[br]I was having the service manager put on new decals, so call to find out if I can pick up my machine. This smarmy, unctious voice tells me, "I'm sorry sir, I have no information for you, the police are here serving a search warrant". I reply, "ok, so is my snogo done". I thought it was one of the jokers there who knows my voice. I get another smarmy reply, which tells me the pigs are in fact there, and answering the phone too.

Great. I sure hope they find what they want and leave in the next hour or so, I want my machine. I pray they don't decide to "hold" everything in the entire shop as evidence. Knowing the total dorks these uniforms are in this burg, I wouldn't put it past them.

At least I have the service managers home phone and cell phone, I'll call him later to find out the scoop.

Maan, I really wanted to go riding. Grrr!
That sucks I'm sorry to hear this.. Its another story on how this isn't a democracy. The people don't control a thing in this country, just large companies and people with money. I feel sorry for those who were killed in this situation, its a horrible way to die. But this is a perfect story of how our democracy is going horribly wrong.. Just my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts