Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the motor into the chassis and I tried pulling it over to see if it had spark, which it does. then I hooked it into the wiring harness, which is from an indy 600 possibly, and the key or kill switch doesn't shut the ignition off. there are only 5 wires coming off the stator, three go into the cdi(black/red , brown/white , and white) and the brown and yellow wires, which I assume are just for power. what wires need to be grounded to kill the ignition? I'm lost when it comes to the electrical on this engine, so any help is apprecciated.

btw, engine is a 1987

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
sounds like you are missing the ground or have a bad connection to ground. for the most part brown is ground

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, I'll make sure the brown is grounded. but, aren't the yellow and brown wires just for charging/power? I just don't see which connection needs to be made to ground out the ignition, short of cutting into the 3 wires going into the cdi?

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have the same problem with my 91 400 but to start my sled i disconect the main ground (black to black wires) then to kill it i connect them. and i still have not figured out a way to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts