Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 XCR 600 and tried putting in a 133.5" track but when i had the front mounts bolted in i could not raise the track to put in the rear bolts. the track tightens up so much it is about 6" from the bolts holes. iv never extended a suspension before and would like some measurements that i could check to make sure i do have a 133.5" skid and track. also im wonder if anyone else has done this before?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by jdzaharia
[br]Also, the torsion springs should be off the blocks, hanging loose.
I agree... I had that problem too....until I popped the springs off the blocks. This allows the rear arm free movement. You can pretty much make it go where you want.
You can line those rear holes up easy...piece of cake. But ya gotta take the torsion spring off.

note: It would be a good idea to run a tap through the threads to clean them up. Make re-installing the bolts (new ones would be good)
easier.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Are you trying to bolt into the stock holes on the sled? You need the hole measurements from the sled the suspension came out of to make it work correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did move the rear mounts back so they r not stock. i did this to allow the long track. i tried once with the torsion springs off and it still wouldnt go. i moved the mounts by measureing from another long track sled. im pretty sure the mounts r in the right place if not really close. i have found now a 136" track and im sure that is what the skid is for and will be trying it this weekend. also it wasnt the lining up of the holes it was just the fact that i couldnt even get it near to them they were always about 6" below the bottom of the tunnel. thx for the help and i will post it if the 136" works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.