Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a am off my freind and he lost the instructions on how to hook it up the only thing im having trouble with are the rca cables im not quite sure how to hook them up i have 3 sets of hook ups in the back of the cd player and an output hook up and an input hook up on the amp its a 300 watt 2/1 channel ampand the cd player is a sony xplod ca700x and the light is red with no power coming out i think it supos to be green any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Ok, the amp should have a few wires connected to it, here are the most important ones:

Power - big red cable, go directly to battery MAKE SURE IT IS FUSED PROPERLY CLOSE TO THE BATTERY!!!!
ground - big black cable, put to frame in a sturdy place.
p.control (aka remote turn on). this needs to be fed to your deck's remote wire, in order to turn on the amp. You can cheat though, and hook it up to something in the trunk that is +12v whenever your radio will be on though.

ovbiously speaker output connections, but those are easy.

and the line level RCA inputs should be connected to the deck's line level outputs. Now, since you have 3 outputs you say, probably they are front/rear/sub. You hooking up subs, or powering your factory speakers? use the appropriate output.

It shouldn't be hard.

-Dean

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but it turned out the kid i bought it off from he never crimped the ground wire right so i fixed it and it works great thanks any ways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts