Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parts Unlimited has them for $12.00 each. Which is just about 1/4 the price of OEM....

My question, has anyone knowingly used these and had any bad experiences?

Thanks in advance.

By the way I searched and after 2 pages I figured it was safe to ask now.[thumb]

·
Registered
463 Posts
CHECK OUT DENNIS KIRK thier current stock of aftermarket carb boots are genuine mikuni brand, great quality! getem while they last at $14.00 ea its a steal!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have tried them on older machines and have had very bad luck with them. They are usually lower quailty than oem. I have seen poor sealing to the engine and they cracked when they only one year old. Maybe Mikuni brand boots would work better than what Ive tried, but imo nothing works as good as oem.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
x2 on the oem stuff. I did some research before shelling out the big bucks for them and figured the old ones lasted almost 10 years. @ $45 each...I didn't think that was too bad. Not sure on the Mikuni ones.

·
Registered
207 Posts
x3 I have had problems with 2 sets of these aftermarket boots. Oem would be your best bet.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I think I have a good set from a 99 xc700, if you still need these let me know, I would like $25 shipped.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i bought some kimpex carb boots from dennis kirk 2 seasons ago. now they are cracked all the way through.

the stock 16 year old polaris boots have less cracks the the 2 year old kimpex ones...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
run away from those kimpex booots. we put a set on my freinds 650 at the end of the season, only ran it once and when he took it out of storage the next year they where allready cracked. there junk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dtmmil said:
I think I have a good set from a 99 xc700, if you still need these let me know, I would like $25 shipped.
Sounds good, sent a PM...been rebuilding a motor and time is just moving to fast!

^^^NO KIMPEX, GOT IT GUYS!!....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts