Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 73 arctic cat el tigre 440. It's is about -25c where i live and my el tigre idles at this temp but not very well at warmer temps. The only problem with it idling is it seems to be idling high it idles at about 3500 rpms and engages at around 4000 rpm's. Is there any way hat i can keep it idling but get it to idle at a lower rpm, if so how could i do it. I think its probably an adjustment on the carbs but i don't know what to adjust[?]

·
Registered
167 Posts
old cats,rule!, you can turn the idle down by backing the idle screw out a bit, should be a mukini vm 34mm carb on that sled, it should be looking down on the carb on the right hand side, its the big one with the spring behind it, start the sled and turn it counter-clockwise, until it sounds or reads on the tach 1500 to 1800 rpm, also in those cold temps sometimes plays games with your jetting, if it were me id pull the carb and check you jetting to make sure its not running to lean, for that cold temp. ok got the manual here, for -25 a 290 main should be correct, and a 280 is good as things warm from 0 to +25, hopes this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts