Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any good carb boots for 750 or 800 storm motors. They are like 80 and change from the dealership and i havent been able to find after market one. I need all 3 cause mine are weather checked bad and dont wanna burn down the 750 if a crack breaks all the way threw. thanks ya'll brian lee

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Here's a cheap fix, if they're not cracked all the way through, wrap some black electricians tape around the outside of the boots. The tape will cover the cracks and help in stopping more cracking due to engine flex/vibration. I've done this to several carb boots as an emergency fix and it works for what it's intended. You might even be able to get a season's worth out of this fix if you're boots aren't too far gone.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
BrianLee said:
Just wondering if anyone has any good carb boots for 750 or 800 storm motors. They are like 80 and change from the dealership and i havent been able to find after market one. I need all 3 cause mine are weather checked bad and dont wanna burn down the 750 if a crack breaks all the way threw. thanks ya'll brian lee
Use Condoms [beatup]

·
Registered
463 Posts
www.denniskirk.com and www.shadetreepowersports.com now carry mikuni brand carb boots for under $20 ea, i've had 3 of them on my xcr for 2 seasons now, and they show zero signs cracking, hardening, no softening, these mikunis are much better than the old off-brand and kimpex model they used to sell!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have had good luck with the parts unlimited ones, Just put a set on my 650. I also had a set on my pro-x, and will probably put a set on my mxz. They are usually around 20-25 a piece depending on application. I would not band-aid fix carb boots, for under 75 bucks, it is a piece of mind replacement for me.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Get new ones, that way you know they will work right. Here's a tip to get new ones on easier, stick them in boiling water for a minute, it will make them softer and easier to get in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts