Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before but...

What (product), do you guys use to clean your carbs?
Do you soak your parts or just use aerosols?

Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
depends how bad it is if its real gummed up with varnish type material i will soak them in kerosene or gasoline then spray on some carburator cleaner but if its not real bad just use aresol carburater cleaner hope this helps

·
Registered
324 Posts
3-M seems to make the best cleaner. you can get it a Carquest for about 3.00 a can. Works alot better on varnish than the stuff you buy a the local hardware.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i use compressed air and just any carb cleaner. ALL carb cleaners have the same ingrederients. but whats workes the best is boiling them in water yes i know water and gas dont mix but boiling them for 10 minutes pulls more crap out thencarb cleaner.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
No joke, it cleans very well and gets out all the varnish. Then rinse with water, dry thoroughly and spray down with WD-40 to combat oxidization when your done. It's a lot easier on your hands then some carb cleaners, which is a plus if you do a lot of that kind of work. I know a very good mechanic here in town that swears by Simple Green, he uses it to clean everything inside and outside of the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts