Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WDA-31 Walbro carb from a 1973 Arctic Cat PUMA that is disconnected from my engine. There are 3 nipples on the carb, i need to know which each one is for. Iam assuming they are fuel in, fuel return,and a pulse line.

Thank You
-Geoff

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
if i remeber my old 72 lynx, the to most one was teh return line, there should be one on the bottom which is the main feed and teh pulse is the one on the oposide side of teh return...i belive thats how it goes, dont hold me to it
my mom sold it for $25 cause it had a bad piston but everything else was perfect.....dang!

·
Registered
553 Posts
The one on the bottom is the inlet and the other is the return. The third is like you thought. Its for a primer. Not a fun carb to work on. Many parts that can get installed wrong. You can put a mukuni on it. If you rebuild this carb, buy the complete rebuild kit it will save you time and money then just getting the simple gasket kit. I think there around 20-25 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do u mean its for a primer? Do i need a separate fuel pump for it or will it suck its own fuel, cuz it doesnt seem to be sucking it in, do i need to get the fuel into the line first or will it suck it from the tueb in the tank?

·
Registered
553 Posts
On some models they came with a primer. Others were a option. Im not sure on how it gets the fuel to come in. I rebuilt a carb on a 73 panther last season and it did have the 3rd fitting but had a small screw in it to close it off. I started with the basic rebuild kit and ended up buying the more spendy kit anyway. This panther is in excellent cond. with 900 original miles on it. Now its having condensor problems we think. It also started hard and a primer would be the ticket. Is the smaller nipple located on top front of carb? If so this is for a primer. I know the fuel does not all drain from carb after sitting. These carbs gum up easy and mabey a rebuild is what you will need. At least this way you will have the directions for whats what. Sorry I just cant remember how this primer on these carbs work. TXC

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hay, how goes it, im also a fan of the ventig, iv got 2-1971 chapparel fire birds 1-1973 thunderbird and the ssx 440 l/c, any way i looked at the "diagram" iv rebuilt 3 of these carbs and 2 tiltson and 2 kenhi, the old stuf is a kick in the ass, any way look at the top of the carb on the mounting flange there there will be a "stamped in # give me the # and i probable have the right kit, at a minium ill be able to fax ya a "F U L L" breakdown of that carb, WITH the specs there is a few "t r i c k s" to that carb that the "old timers "know and have shared with me, well if ya need some info ill be glad to help ya out, as for that style of carb the fuel intake is on the bottem of the stack of plates, there should be a filter that screws on the bottem,

·
Registered
3 Posts
The one on the side is the pulse, the one on the center bottom is the inlet and the one on the bottom side/edge is the return.

BR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts