Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two yamaha exciters, both of them need carb adjustments and probably need cleaned out. So I'm going to tear them apart and I need some carp rebuild kits. Plaza cycle, (the yamaha dealer for this area)have mikuni rebuild kits but no way of knowing which car I have. The parts counter person said that even a serial number really wouldn't help either. So I've got to find out which carbs I've got on my sled. I know that they're the newer slide style carbs, that sled had a slide type and a butterfly type.
Does anyone know what the heck I've got or any way to get in touch with mikuni?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
can't you take them off and take them up to the dealer with you?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mikuni marks their stuff with a little square within a square. The inside square is up in the left corner (I think). Look for that sucker and you'll know.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I can take them with me but according to their counter person there isn't a way to identify which one it is so they can order the right part.
I do know it's mikuni but I don't know what mikuni cab they are.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If your taking them to a dealer they should be able to track the exact part numbers by using the sleds vin numbers providing everything is original equipment I know it works with Bombardier It just might work with other manufactures you'd think anyway Good Luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I thought of that too, but according to the dealer it doesn't help. Doesn't make sense to me that there wouldn't be any way of identifying what parts are on my sled. I think I'll try a couple other dealers and see if they're any more help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
try an internet search using the sled make and year. It should give you a link that leads to a site describing all the specs. I know this worked for my polaris and john deere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts