Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 Tundras, a 1996, 2000, and 2002. They are all setup the same...stock. The 96 goes like a raped ape (well...for a Tundra). When you are in deep powder it doesnt take long to dig yourself stuck. The newer Tundra's dont do that. WHile climbing in deep powder, they will just power out and not break lose.
I was thinking clutching but now am thinking carb. I checked the screw on the sides. The 96 was out 1 1/2 turns, the new ones was 2 1/2. Would that make the difference?

Any other suggestions? I have tried jetting to no avail. I have removed pucks from the clutch....to no avail. These dont always do it ......they will if you are breaking trail and going up though. That is when my 14 yr old girl goes by and breaks trail....GULP!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Check the gearing in the chain cases. They may be different gear ratio's in the different machines. Just a thought.

G

·
0 Posts
The screw on the side is probably the idle adjustment screw. That shouldn't make a difference there though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,
I was thinking about checking the gearing but I dont think that is it. It feels and sounds like it is fuel starved.

Going to go out tomorrow and ride...see what I can find then. I figured the screw was just an idel screw but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Check the RPM at witch it is running under full power. If the neweer ones are lower, you probably have a problem with the secondary clutch. I would clean it out and tighten up the spring a notch. You will be able to run at a higher RPM.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.......change the plug and it made a huge difference today!

http://dopey.hopto.org/govt/index.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts