Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was out riding my snowmobile the other day and just got out there when I smelled gas. I opened my hood while the motor was runing and noticed that gas was streaming out of the top vent on one carb. I just put the motor together and I already have a problem. Why is this happening? How can I fix it? Do I need vent lines that run to the handle bars?
Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did clean everything very well when I took the carb apart so it could be the float level is off. That would make since because if the floats aren't working correctly and don't shut off the gas flow to that carb when flooded it is going to have a lot of gas flowing through it. Which would make the gas flow through the vents right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I adjusted the float seats on both carbs and put them back together. I fired my snowmobile up and I didn't see any gas coming out of the vent this time which is good news. Now all I need to do is syncronize the carbs and I am ready to hit the lake.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took my sled out on the lake and still no problems. I still need to sync the carbs though. I did find some good info on how to sync the carbs and I am going to build a tool that will help me do that before I go riding today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts