Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put the polaris (78 340 polaris) together today it starts good....but it won't idle right it just bogs down and turns off...We think it's the needle and seats, does this sound like it might be that the needle and seats are stuck open, cuz it's been sitting for awhile, so we think they're stuck. It was also backfiring, so we figure they are stuck open therefore too much gas is getting in, it starts sometimes with the choke off and sometimes with it on..and I can keep it going with the choke and the throttle, so the fuel pump is working...what else do you guys think it could be? also it sat for 1 1/2-2 years in a garage...Do you think I should just get some carb cleaner and clean the carbs out?..any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
without question pull those carbs off clean them good and then see how it runs. My old sled sat for two years and you wouldn't believe the gunk in the carbs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone help, please...Well I tried it again today and it runs with the choke, but as soon as I give it throttle it bogs down like anything and goes right off, i need some help here...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Carbs. Pilot jets are probably plugged solid.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I cleaned the carbs out tonight, gonna try it tomorrow, also do you think it could be the Fuel pump diaphram cracked?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts