Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 95 ext 580 it blew a piston i have replaced that the previous owner had problems with it loading up after idling too long so he leaned it out and this may have been the cause of the piston problem? i am interested in finding out the proper settings for the carb i dont know which size jets it has so info on how to find that out would help greatly then maybe a good starting point on where to set the carb the plugs are new in it so i don't know for sure if it was too lean any info would be a big help

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can look on your clutch cover for main jetting for you elevation. I have 380s for mains in my 580 at 600-1000ft. Your pilot jet should be a 40 and the clip on your jet needle should be third from the top. I think this would be a good place to start. Check the intake boots for cracks also to make sure it is not leaking air in causing a lean condition. Get a little start fluid and spray around the boots and behind the clutch (PTO side crank seal) and if it changes the idle if it does you know you have a leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts