Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1977 jag with a 1975 el tigre 440 engine in it. And it won't get to full throttle. I can only get about half on a good day. From about half to full it just baugs. The RPM's don't go down much, but won't go any higher either. What could be the problem? The carbs were rebuilt last year by the previous owner. What is the carb supposed to be set to, and what is there all to adjust? It is driving me nuts![:(!]

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using the original carbs and pipe. It doesn't backfire much. Just every once and a while. The engine just had new rings put in it too. I had in cylinder #1 135 PIS and in cylinder #2 125 PSI. If the jetting is off how do I fix it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey mrM,
As Phazerboy said it may not be the carbs. You may want to check you clutching. Also it could be the gearing. Find out what the gearing was on the Jag compared to the El Tigre. That could be the problem. I once put a El Tigre 440cc in a Merc Snow Twister chassis and had the same problem. The cure was changing the gearing. As far as the carb, you may want to check the float level and needle & seats to make sure you're getting enough fuel when you open it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts