Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys hoping someone can tell me a easy way to get my carbs off. I took the air box off (easy) but the box that is attached to the carbs is wedged in there cant pull it back steering rod and tank are in way need to pull it back like 1 inch till carbs are threw and out any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If you got the top half of the air box off I would say you got the hard part out of the way lol...those three rubber boots that connect the two air boxes to me was harder to mess with. Anyways with the top half off you should be able to (as your looking down on the airbox) push down on the box side wall (carb side) and try to lift the other side (steering post side) up...with ease it should popout. You could also loosen the carb boot to the reed cages to help give a little room and with the carbs being free to move how/where ever you need to.
Wait til you put it back on lol...just do the opposite of how you got it off.Put the carbs in/on the box first with pushing the box to the carbs and pushing down on the steering side. Make sure when putting it back on is fits over the "shaft" otherwise it will be a real b**** to put the top half back on under the throttle and choke cables.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well you have an XCR triple, so that bottom part of the airbox is held in by 2 little holes at the bottom. The airbox has two nipples on the bottom that fit tightly into these holes. You need to lift the back side of the airbox upwards and it will pop out of these little holes, (its just a friction fit) that will leave you to pull it back and out. It's quite easy but those holes can be a tight fit. Pull hard if you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KRSS144 said:
If you got the top half of the air box off I would say you got the hard part out of the way lol...those three rubber boots that connect the two air boxes to me was harder to mess with. Anyways with the top half off you should be able to (as your looking down on the airbox) push down on the box side wall (carb side) and try to lift the other side (steering post side) up...with ease it should popout. You could also loosen the carb boot to the reed cages to help give a little room and with the carbs being free to move how/where ever you need to.
Wait til you put it back on lol...just do the opposite of how you got it off.Put the carbs in/on the box first with pushing the box to the carbs and pushing down on the steering side. Make sure when putting it back on is fits over the "shaft" otherwise it will be a real b**** to put the top half back on under the throttle and choke cables.
Thanks that worked perfet now to clean carbs and replace pulse line thanks again cant wait to ride

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Glad to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts