Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed throttle cables, completely went through the carbs, and have a question on how to set them up from scratch. I did some searching and found a few different methods such as using a drill bit, or setting the slides at wot first, but I would like to get an idea on how you do it from start to finish.
How do you set up your carbs as if they were brand new on your machine. I don't think there's too much difference between Keihin and Mikuni carbs, but what is your best, proven way to set, adjust, sync the slides, idle & all without the use of a sync tool.(Don't have one yet)
Which way do YOU do it. What way do you find the easiest & fastest

·
Registered
295 Posts
with the carbs off of the engine,and throttle cables unhooked, i use the drill bit to syn preliminary idle height on the engine side of the carb.after installing the carbs, i use an led piston dome flaslight from slp and a skinny little mirror to get the carbs syn at wot,flush with the outlet bore.from here i use a umi-synch tool to verify.may have to adjust idle screws for final idle rpm.there must be some free play as far as the slides are concerned at wot from top of carb.some others may have a different strategy that may work better.normally takes an hour +/-.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Have you searched this subject, 'cause I think you will find a lot of info on other posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gold, and MoJuice, yes I did quite a few searches, but found most were incomplete and were only partial procedures. I was looking for methods from start to finish. I was thinking maybe getting the ideas in one thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts