Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a 10 IQ 600, unstudded track, comes stock with 60 degree 3 inch carbides. What would be a good all around carbide to run??
Thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The stock carbides or just basic ones work well enough for me. Since your track is unstudded it shouldn't be a problem running basic ones. The IQ chassis turns really well as it is (front end), most people think that it works better for a longer track sled. If your track was extended or studded then you may want to upgrade the carbides. I used to ride an edge chassis short track with dual carbides, they worked really well, expensive though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
woodys 4-6" 60 degree works very well in most conditions without studs. Myself i like 6" for good turning ability on hard pack or just at the station fillin up. If you run studs, then you want to go 6-8-10" depending on how aggressivley its studded. I have Pilot skis, with dual carbides, on my 02 MXZ, interested to see how they perform.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like Stud Boy Shaper bars. More aggressive steering.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Plus here to Stud boy, i hear good things.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I also use stud boy shaper bars. Woodys also makes good bars, I used to use their executive series bars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xcr440 said:
I also use stud boy shaper bars. Woodys also makes good bars, I used to use their executive series bars.
Thank y'all, good information to start looking. Upgrades are endless on these things, huh?. Tracks, track extensions, bar risers, carbides, performance euip, power chips. Man its kinds of overwhelming on what to upgrade on sleds. And not to mention all the other tweaks and adjustments you can do. I guess the best way is to upgrade when they wear out. Well anyway hope/pray for SNOW.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Woody's 6 inch 60 degrees, good all around carbide, and they make it easier to steer when pulling up to a gas pump or crossing a road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts