Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tell me the name(s) of companies making carbon fibre sled parts (body/chassis/suspension)?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
C3 Powersports seems to be the main one that comes to mind...

http://www.c3powersports.com/

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quinlan said:
C3 Powersports seems to be the main one that comes to mind...

http://www.c3powersports.com/
They are supplying my hood but the rails and side panels I had wanted are no longer available.

They've been great to deal with so far. I dealt with Kevin at C3. Good guy. I just ordered on Saturday, 24 July so we'll see how quickly the order arrives.

So far I highly recommend them. It looks like the Rev XP package they are developing is (going to be) crazy.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Looks like some pretty sweet stuff! The carbon fiber xp chassis for $3000 doesn't seem absurdly priced either. However, I'm not impressed with the grammar/spelling on the website! (I have taken my business to other competitors before due to terrible grammar on a company's website. It's pretty unprofessional in my mind)

"The [highlight=darkred]a[/highlight=darkred] [highlight=darkred]Vacuum[/highlight=darkred] Infusion Process (VIP) uses [highlight=darkred]vacuum[/highlight=darkred] pressure to drive resin into carbon fiber. Our Materials are first hand laid into the mo[highlight=darkred]u[/highlight=darkred]ld and then apply an[highlight=darkred]d[/highlight=darkred] even [highlight=darkred]vacuum[/highlight=darkred] before resin is introduced."

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ethan.justinger said:
does the carbon fiber break easily?
Ethan,
I believe the common reference 'ratio' is: twice the strength of steel, half the weight of aluminum. Someone can (please feel free to) correct me if they know the actual reference.

That doesn't mean you can hit trees at will however...

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Looks like some pretty sweet stuff! The carbon fiber xp chassis for $3000 doesn't seem absurdly priced either. However, I'm not impressed with the grammar/spelling on the website! (I have taken my business to other competitors before due to terrible grammar on a company's website. It's pretty unprofessional in my mind)

"The [highlight=darkred]a[/highlight=darkred] [highlight=darkred]Vacuum[/highlight=darkred] Infusion Process (VIP) uses [highlight=darkred]vacuum[/highlight=darkred] pressure to drive resin into carbon fiber. Our Materials are first hand laid into the mo[highlight=darkred]u[/highlight=darkred]ld and then apply an[highlight=darkred]d[/highlight=darkred] even [highlight=darkred]vacuum[/highlight=darkred] before resin is introduced."
P._P._MN,
I get some of the references, but why 'vacuum' over and over? If I had relied on the website, I might not have purchased either, but Kevin at C3 (a voice on the phone and several emails) is what sold me.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
vipersj said:
[highlight=yellow]That doesn't mean you can hit trees at will however...[/highlight=yellow]

P._P._MN,
I get some of the references, but why 'vacuum' over and over? If I had relied on the website, I might not have purchased either, but Kevin at C3 (a voice on the phone and several emails) is what sold me.
haha that made me laugh. But yes, carbon fiber is surprisingly strong.

and aw **** I was thinking vacuum had two C's. My bad. That one paragraph was all I saw that needed a little English help on the whole website, so I honestly won't bash C3. Definitely some good quality stuff in the pictures, just some techie guy designing the website had a brain fart on one paragraph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts