Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having problems whith my carbs on a 700 prox2, when the engine is off i can hold the throttle wide open and gas poures out of the main jet. i took the carbs apart and cleaned them a few times and it still dose the same thing?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I'm guessing you mean that you have them in place and gas comes up through the jet and pours out of the intake side of the carb???

If I am correct, then your float is either sticky or adjusted wrong and isn't shutting the gas off.

I can't remember the correct way to adjust the float, but you should be able to do a search on here and find it...or perhaps the owners manual would say.

·
Registered
153 Posts
These have a plastic float assembly that is not sdjustable for the most part. Sounds like you need to remove the assemblies and check for any debris holding the float open. those floats should hold 4-5 psi line pressure to the carbs if they don't one or both is leaking by. My have a bad o-ring. If that is the case good luck finding a replacement, the whole replacement float assembly with the needle and seat is only about $90!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts