Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ripped one of my carbs off my XLT and was going to clean them when I looked and they are absolutly perfect on the inside. Everything looks to be clean as a whistle. Not that its a bad thing but earlier this year I kept having a problem with low end bogging on my XLT and was told that cleaning the carbs would take care of it but the carbs look great so I don't think thats the problem. Anyone got any ideas??? Thanks

/snofan/../images/users/polarisisthebest/polaris.gif

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
At least spray them down with carb cleaner, inside and out.
I was going to pull mine apart 2 weeks ago, and came to the same conclusion, sqeeky clean.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
It may look clean but theirs build up hiding in their that you cant always see.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You'd also want to check your float heights in each carb, possibly change your needle n seats (they may be leaking if they're old), make sure your choke cables, and throttle cables are synced and adjusted properly as well.

Good time of year to be doing this stuff! Not this winter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I found out what was wrong and it wasn't the carbs.... I guess I have "clutch bog" and my Polaris mechanic said that either my primary or my secondary could be shot. Which means fixing one will cost around 90 bucks a piece for each on to get fixed or 300 for a brand new one. I would rather do it myself but was wondering if its tough to rebuild them???

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Springs don't cost nearly $90. Check out Dennis Kirk, SLP, or Royal Distributing. While you're in there replace the buttons on the primary. Perhaps the $90 was for all the parts necessary to rebuild a clutch. For me the cost to rebuild is more in any special tools you need. See if one of your local riding pals can lend you a primary clutch puller and you should be good to go with hand tools and a friend's help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts