Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesturday I sheered off a trailing arm bolt, got that fixed, then today we were on the local golf course hitting a small step-up and I cased the landing really bad, bent my drop bracket and my tunnel. Oh well, I got all week to fix it so I can do it again next weekend! [;)] I am just happy we finally have some snow to break our sleds. Oh and my buddy wrecked his formula friday, we were riding at night and his voltage regulator burnt out which sent way to much power to his headlight causing the bulb to burn, so his headlight burnt out, then he hit me. Didnt do any damage to mine but his cowl and bellypan are ruined. Here are some pics of my tunnel, I figure I can just drop the skid and bend it back into shape good enough, then maybe brace it up somehow.

[attachment=56122]

[attachment=56123]

[attachment=56124]

anybody else break anything yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Didn't break anything here.... No snow, only ice.... Are you sure that the upper shaft is not bent also..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think so because the suspension still works normal (I kept jumping it) and also the bolt stayed strait in the shaft somehow, it kinda stretched the metal.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Within the first 15 miles I had barrel rolled the sled once, kinking my left handguard, broke the drive chain, and screwed up my front skid shock. I now have 63 miles on, and have also broke my recoil housing. It's a great year for me...kinda...[|)]

It seems with everyones lower snow conditions, alot of people are doing damage to their sleds...not good.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
It seems with everyones lower snow conditions, alot of people are doing damage to their sleds...not good.
this is true, it seems that we all spend the summer making our sleds perfect, then we get 6 inches and go out and ruin everything we have acomplished. oh well my sled is still in better shape than it was this time last year [^]

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by trayse
[br]on the golf course?
its kinda hard to explain, I think its acutually a sand trap which is placed like midway up a hill. on the far end of the course there is a long flat open area and you can hit this nice little rise, and if you hit it right you can land on top of the hill, maybe step up is the wrong termonalagy here, basically its an uphill jump. and I came up about 5 feet short [V]

·
Registered
557 Posts
I find it interesting that you can ride on a golf course. Legally?

Originally posted by YooperRider
[br]
Originally posted by trayse
[br]on the golf course?
its kinda hard to explain, I think its acutually a sand trap which is placed like midway up a hill. on the far end of the course there is a long flat open area and you can hit this nice little rise, and if you hit it right you can land on top of the hill, maybe step up is the wrong termonalagy here, basically its an uphill jump. and I came up about 5 feet short [V]

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by F6CATMAN
[br]I find it interesting that you can ride on a golf course. Legally?
just about everyone around here rides on that golf course, dont know if its legal or not, if someone tells me not to ride there anymore then I wont.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thats not a bad fix on Dec 20th I blew my motor! Crank pistons rings and needed new jugs... painful 3500 bucks but riding within the week![B)]

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Shifty
[br]Thats not a bad fix on Dec 20th I blew my motor! Crank pistons rings and needed new jugs... painful 3500 bucks but riding within the week![B)]
ouch! ya thats something I have yet to do is blow a motor, hopefully I dont anytime soon! ... ya I think it will be fairly easy to fix, I have done worse.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
golf courses, they are wicked spots to ride, i ride on the one in my town cept its a $500 fine if caught.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Brace up that rear end with a beefier plate, that drop bracket is wimpy and isn't meant for jumping. What the heck is with riding without a snowflap? Goofy as heck, LOL.

Dang! $3500 to repair a Doo engine that'll just end up breaking again! Sorry, but that's just way too much to justify fixing without a warrantee of some sort.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Jeez, it seems like everybody is wrecking there sleds. But I guess you are not a true snowmobiler until you break something on your sled.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]Jeez, it seems like everybody is wrecking there sleds. But I guess you are not a true snowmobiler until you break something on your sled.
Low snow conditions are hard on sleds....

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
^^^^^^^ especially when you are smaking you skis off rocks adn roots on the trail :( :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts