Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. What do u think is better for my 1989 Ski-Doo Formula MX 462LC with oil injection. It has a completely rebuilt motor that i just finsihed braking in. I drove it for 3 hours giving it little spirts and so on..

Anywayz, just wanted to know what oil would be best for it, Castrol Synthetic or AMSOIL??

Thanks for ur opinion.

1989 Ski-Doo Formula MX 462LC
1973 Ski-Doo Olympic 340 Twin
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.4L
1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE 3.1L

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run amsoil in everything I own. I have had no complaints in fact I think it saved my sled two years ago when I dropped an injector and leaned out a cylinder. The sled never seized up even though I lost part of the piston and ring land. In fact there was no aluminum even stuck to the cylinder walls, which made for a simple rebuild. I would also recommend their synthetic chain case oil for your sled it works great and stays thin in cold temperatures. The cost is pretty comparable to the factory brands synthetic in fact if you find enough friends to go in on a 55gallon barrel you can get the cost down to around 12-14 dollars a gallon. That's what I'm doing this winter.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i also use the chaincase oil and run thier 2 stoke oil in all the jawn equipement, and i have a 30 gallon drum of 5w-30 i run it in every car, and save around $100 buying bulk, and probably even more on shipping, because it was a onetime to ship the drum and if i have to buy 8 boxs of four 1 gallon jusgs that would cost more

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
AMSOIL

I also use it in everything i own. Sled, cars, etc...

·
Registered
39 Posts
The reguar Amsoil Injector Oil is right up your alley. It is a superior product to the Castrol, and costs less. If you need help getting any, I can get it for ya, MMP is a independant Amsoil dealer.

Look us up for PROVEN performance packages.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Most oils are the same thing... My dad used to work at Quaker State. And when they were packaging the oil all they would do is switch bottles and stickers and the oil would be the same. exact same thing in a different bottle that sold for 2 dollars less. I think that oils oil...

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use amsoil, I use it in my Vmax and there is nothing bad about either one but I would pay alittle more for AMSOIL cause of the mileage that I have.

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know what sledhead said is true of gasolines. Every Mfg. would load at the Exxon refinery I lived by and they had different additives, but it was all the same gasoline basicly. I don't necessarily think that of oils though because you have different bases. Penzoil crude is not the same as Middle eastern crude and synthetic is totally different.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Amsoil, it will run better with the injectors.

If it ain't broke,
change stuff till it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts