Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the curved handlebars on my 02 ZR and I really like them. Anybody know how bad of job it would be to put the AC bars on my Pro X??? I would think it would be a fairly easy project but would I be able to switch the hand warmers. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
the actual mounting would be easy as long as the ZR bars aren't much taller than the polaris's (brake line and throttle cable length issuses). As for electrical you might have to do some soldering or bullet connectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just thinking about replacing the bar, my Pro X has the riser already, I just want the curved bar ends. I have looked at bar add ons but I really liked the AC bars with soild bar ends.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Those cat bars can't have a solid hook on them. If they do, you won't be able to put your throttle assembly on it. The hook must screw off so the bar is straight to put the kill switch/throttle on. You can just buy normal handlebar hooks designed for your Polaris.

·
Registered
671 Posts
if i remebr right, they are jsut one big grip that goes over the hook and the bar

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I second what Pman and xlt said. I believe they are long grips that cover the bar and bar end. You can buy them in catalogues for and sled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys, I guess I'll have to head to the dealer and look at the parts book to see exactly what they are. I may just get the ends that polaris sells if there is really no difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The ac bars are curved on the end, they are not add on hooks that go under the grips. I have a F-cat and I replaced the grips with a different color and the bars are just bent on the ends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts