Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of photos of the snow fort my three boys make every year. The oldest Tyler is now 18 yrs old and 6'2" in the photo. The fort is getting bigger every year as are the beer caps that show up in the fort. Of course they need a sound system and lights. It does make for a great party place./snofan/../images/users/canadiantim2/Cathouse.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/canadiantim2/reach.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are always making something but he is heading into the film industry wants to be a director. You should see the snow bikes that they made last year.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
is that like a big drift or what is it? i thot my child hood forts were big......if we get snow, i'll have to see what i can do

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
is that this years......and i forgot to mention that thing KICKS A WHOLE LOT OF A$$

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
WHen was that pic taken???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was last years and they start off by snow blowing the WHOLE yard 150 x 100 ft when there is about six inches of snow. They let it sit for about for days of cold nights. Then the diggers go at it with flat blade shovels to carve. There was room for six sleds. It took about 70 hrs total for Tyler and his brothers where a little inconsistant.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
so the blow all the snow into one spot or what??? haha.....if i did that to my dads yard he wouldnt be real happy...lol.....of course our snowblower is attached to our tractor which would tear up yard....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they keep blowing till they have a pile 12 ft high by 24 by 20. It least the was the footprint. As this does take a few days of blowing, you can sometimes see layers and it ussaully has a bit of grass mixed in the bottom layer. The grass does recover, we just have snow in the backyard for a month longer then others.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
WOW........that's cool, literally.
Who needs a big car hold for the sled collection.....SWEET!

note: you might want to downsize your pics from 1100 pixels down to about 500,
just makes them up/download faster and easier to see.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/Cathouse2.jpe

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
wow thats awsome... Do you have any pictures of the beams without snow?

If that thing ever collapsed it would be crazy to get a sled out of.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The beams are installed after all of the removing of snow is done. Last year two weeks after all the snow was gone from the yard the boys were jumping on the roof tring to break through. After about 6 trys they went through. PS they ice the inside and out to make it harder. The snow will compress over the winter. In the photo Tyler had his hand touching the roof and at the end of the season the roof was touching his head.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey

if you dont know canadiantim2 is my dad and ya we build a snowhouse ever year this year we a renting 3 big snowblowers and we are going to make the big'ist one yet when it is done i will get a post on here with some pics of it Tyler call us a$$'s (above-ground snow shoviler's) lol

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You should try and get a local tv station or paper to come see it one year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeh they did have the TV station come up. That was after CBC had done a show ofn this Man and his son that had built a snow fort in their back yard. The photo they showed was of the father and son just about on top of each other. This fort would have blown them away. I am waiting to see what they are going to do this year as the list of friends to help is growing.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Dang, that is a SWEET snow fort!!! I wish I could have seen that in person. It must really suck when it all starts melting, must be sad. [:(]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts