Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my question is on my 93 700 wild cat there are 2 nylon wachers on the needle on one carb one washer was on top and one on the bottem and then on the other car both of them were on the bottem so where should they be. this is the needle on the plunger
thnks colton

·
Registered
282 Posts
there should be 1 under the needle clip,you can use those to fine tune needle clip positions.they are .030thick and a needle clip position is .040 so by rearranging them you can get 1/2 a clip position,be careful changing them without thinking which way you are moving the needle,the ones on top dont matter at all as far as changing the clip position but the ones underneath do as they are physically moving the needle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanx but should i put one on ther top and another on the bottom? i ask because both needle were not set the same.if i put them under the needle will it run risher or leaner???

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
washers under the e-clip will raise the needle, which will make things richer. It's also a good idea to have at least one washer under the clip to keep the clip from contacting the slide, as the slide is aluminum and the clips are steel. If you allow the clips to rest on the aluminum slide, you will get corrosion...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what i probly should do is put both washers under the E clip seening that one carb had both under it don't wana blow up the kitty cat. how can i check to make sure they are in the right position????

·
Registered
282 Posts
if you take 1 washer from the side with 2 under the clip, it will lean that side by 3/4 of a clip position,washers on top dont count they are just holding the needle from any movement,does that side look to be running richer than the side with 1 clip,taking that 2nd washer out will lean that side down so be sure you have enough room to lean it down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts