Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 97 580 EFI that runs good for a short time but when we shut it off it won't start again. Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I just replied to your other post. I have the same sled, here is what happens with mine. If you hit the kill switch before the sled comes to idle (any RPM above) it floods out, every time. Is this what you are seeing?

I have learned to let it idle down before shutting it off, but sometimes I fall on the switch when jumping\falling and then I have to hold the throttle wide open and pull about 8-10 times before it starts again. Not fun, but then it is right back to normal - no fouled plugs.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
And if it's not what Baero was speaking of, the carbs may just get "vapor-locked". To fix, try better engine bay cooling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know a guy who had an RXL with fuel injection that did the same thing you Cat is doing. You have to let it idle down first or it will flood the engine, something to do with the sensors. He had this problem for almost a year before the dealer finally told him what was causing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts