Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sleds all done, went to fire her up today didnt exect things to go 100% smooth, and they didnt[:(!], got fresh gas in it and tried to start, it wants to, it will turn over a few times and rumble then die. and the more attempts i make the worse it gets, unless i pull the plugs and turn it over a few times with no plugs in it then put them back in and start it, it will do the like first time, rumble for 3-5seconds then die.
i would appreciate any help as we could get snow any day
thanks.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I'm assuming you have tried choking it, so I will skip that.

You said you just got it done, what did you do to it. I'm guessing your not guite getting gas yet. Pull the plugs and pour a little gas/starting fluid in the cylinders, that should prime it pretty good.

Another thing to try is leave the plugs in, but shut the key off or kill switch off. That way it will create the vaccum needed to pull gas into the carbs.

Otherwise, I'm your probably going to have to go through the carbs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the whole sled has been worked on, not much to the engine though other that put a carb kit in it. it is getting gas for sure, i have clear gas lines, also when i remove the plugs they are soaking wet, could it be a plug problem?, or the fuel too rich?
thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw its a walbro wf carb, it was running in summer, if its not an easy fix ive got a tillotson hd, and mikuni round slide carb liein around that i know work, would either of those be an easy swap?
ive got tons of part available to me for the mikuni and tillotson but nothing and no experience with the walbro

edit*- my cat is a 340 the tillotson and mikuni are also from 340's

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put the tillotson on it yesterday, it ran with that but i didnt have the return line setup so i turned it off. got the line set up and went to start it today went once but after setting the preadjustments it would not start, not even close. it is flooding bad, maybe i just flooded it and need to wait before trying again?
any other ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like your floats are sticking and/or your float needle is not seating. That would flood out your engine by pulling to much fuel onto the motor. Try turning your fuel valve off and starting it. If it starts to run after a few pulls, then I would check the floats/needle.

Halfrack

·
Registered
282 Posts
those walbros were not a very good snow machine carb,if it has the 2 screw on top its the better one,there was a kit to retro fit a mikuni on them kawasakis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts