Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a pluged converter rob your power and give you bad take off its on my 99 ram 3/4 ton theres something holding it back when i take off or even when i step on it

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Usually you get a check engine light when your cat plugs.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Definitely a power killer but check to make sure you have a clean air filter first, that is more common and causes the same symptoms.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It definitely sounds like the cat, does it glow cherry red after driving for a while?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
It could be just a bad sensor itself that is getting a false reading and running rich,they should be changed every 100k miles anyways.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
my light is on for an 02 senor
Did you get a proper code reading? If you have a bad O2 sensor, you vehicle will go into a "limp mode" and not adjust the fuel properly. This can, but not always cause a loss of power and poor fuel mileage. Get your code re-read and go from there. It should tell you which O2 sensor it is. If you want to spend the time, you could swap the sensor with the other side and see if the code follows. Only do this if they are the same though, but they probably are from side to side.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
just replace it. they aren't that expensive, and even if it doesn't rob power or whatever, it will probably take a toll on your mpg.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
arnt expensive i wish i call around where i live and monroe muffler wants over a 1000 bucks for one and for the 02 senor it says its on bank 2 what ever one that is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts